SIGforum
Bolt action guys, CZ or Tikka?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6310043254

January 21, 2019, 12:12 AM
Texas Bob C.
Bolt action guys, CZ or Tikka?
I have a Tikka T3 Hunter in 308. Blue steel and wood. Like the box says 'Second To None'. A very nice rifle.
January 21, 2019, 10:47 AM
samnev
Tikka would be my choice.
January 21, 2019, 11:01 AM
PASig
I don't know much about either brand but I have a bolt action in 7mm-08 (a Savage) and love it.

I'll take my 7mm-08 over a 30-06 any day which is what most guys in PA use.

January 21, 2019, 04:07 PM
jjkroll32
Between the two in centerfire, Tikka wins for me.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
January 22, 2019, 02:44 PM
old rugged cross
If you want nice wood go Cz or an older Tikka.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
January 23, 2019, 10:55 PM
sigcrazy7
I have a CZ550 in 416 Rigby. It has a double set trigger. You push the trigger forward, and it becomes a 2 pound trigger. It’s a lovely rifle.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus
January 24, 2019, 06:05 PM
dewhorse
CZ wins due to the CRF (control round feed), also they offer fixed sights on most models. Also the set trigger is quite nice.

I have had a couple, one in 416 Rigby and one in 9.3x62 and both were great.

I will be buying another in 375 H&H or 458 Lott very soon.
January 24, 2019, 06:36 PM
Wino
If you want to take it hunting, Tikka T3x Stainless.

At first, it feels too light to be a quality rifle. Sight it in and you’ll put a ragged 3-shot hole with quality ammo at 100 yards if you do your part.
January 24, 2019, 11:22 PM
newmexican
quote:
Originally posted by Wino:

At first, it feels too light to be a quality rifle. Sight it in and you’ll put a ragged 3-shot hole with quality ammo at 100 yards if you do your part.

If you think a tikka feels too light to be a quality rifle, you should handle some of the sheep hunting rifle me and my buddies have, I have a kimber that when loaded and scoped is lighter than a tikka with no scope or magazine in it.
January 25, 2019, 08:28 AM
badcopnodonut!!
I had the opportunity to handle both a used Tikka and a Winchester M70 featherweight at a local gun store. Neither one was in a caliber I was remotely interested in,the Tikka was in .308 and the Winchester was in .223WSSM.

The Tikka was a very nice rifle but the Winchester made my heart skip a beat honestly. It had a decent Bushnell Elite 3x9 and just felt...right.

If the Winchester FW had been in a caliber I desired I would have owned it I swear.

I’ve got feelers out at the LGS and I’ve been searching online.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.
January 25, 2019, 09:42 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:

If you think a tikka feels too light to be a quality rifle, you should handle some of the sheep hunting rifle me and my buddies have, I have a kimber that when loaded and scoped is lighter than a tikka with no scope or magazine in it.

Mine is a T3x Lite Stainless in 270 & it tips the scale at just over 8lbs with the scope mounted & an empty magazine.

Put 2 boxes through it at the range, sighting it in & getting familiar with it, and my shoulder wasn't complaining at the end.

Hopefully these aren't huge

The Enemy's gate is down.
January 26, 2019, 03:18 PM
newmexican
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:

Mine is a T3x Lite Stainless in 270 & it tips the scale at just over 8lbs with the scope mounted & an empty magazine.

Put 2 boxes through it at the range, sighting it in & getting familiar with it, and my shoulder wasn't complaining at the end.

Hopefully these aren't huge

I have a t3x superlite 6.5creedmoore that I’ve done a few upgrades too (mountain tactical bottom metal and trigger spring), I put an SWFA 3-15x42 mil/mil scope on it with dnz hi tmaster rings, it’s just under 8lbs, fun rifle.
January 27, 2019, 07:40 PM
wingspar
No experience with Tikka or the calibers you are looking for, but the CZ I have is a 527 in 7.62x39. It has the regular trigger and a set trigger. Regular trigger is 3 lbs and the set trigger is 1 lb 7 oz. The set trigger is extremely sweet. So sweet, that I decided that I did not need a scope for this rifle. First time I used the set trigger I fired the gun before I even knew I’d put my finger on the trigger. Something I got used to real fast. Tikka was on my short list, but the CZ won out. The only con I have about this rifle is that the magazine is almost impossible to get the 5th round in.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent