SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Grendel SRT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grendel SRT Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I was not aware of these. Grendel, forerunner to KelTec, offered a bolt action rifle with a folding stock, available in .22-250, .243, .7.62x51, and .358 Winchester. Sako action and trigger.

I like the idea. I can see this as a bush pilot's rifle. Imagine 9 rounds of .358 Winchester in a rifle which stows neatly.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Missed that it was a bolt action, but my first thought was SU16 predecessor.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one in 308 that I bought back in the day at a gun show in Atlanta.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Any feeding issues with that built-in magazine?

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The market is prime for reintroduction of the concept. Imagine a stock like that one one of the 5 pound Kimber rifles.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
A redesign of the top of the buttstock might help. KelTec et al stocks could use a little rounding IMHO, and an adjustable cheek piece (if they can find someplace to put the base and adjustments) might be a workable solution as well as a feature.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Can’t say about feeding as I’ve never fired it.
I purchased it because I was just starting hunting and it was one of the first folding stock bolt actions available, or at least that I had seen. Also at this time a factory threaded barrel was quite the novelty, much less the compensator and fluted barrel. The Sako A2 action with factory rings finished checking all the right boxes so I bought it. I then decided it was too nice to bang up in the woods so I never used it. I do take her out every now and then and fondle her and tell her she’s beautiful so she feels loved and doesn’t rust.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I used to want one of these back in the day. There was one on the wall at Bullseye for awhile that tempted me every time I visited. Wish I had snagged one.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post