SIGforum
Grendel SRT

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6300014594

October 10, 2022, 01:19 PM
parabellum
Grendel SRT
I was not aware of these. Grendel, forerunner to KelTec, offered a bolt action rifle with a folding stock, available in .22-250, .243, .7.62x51, and .358 Winchester. Sako action and trigger.

I like the idea. I can see this as a bush pilot's rifle. Imagine 9 rounds of .358 Winchester in a rifle which stows neatly.

October 10, 2022, 05:44 PM
P250UA5
Missed that it was a bolt action, but my first thought was SU16 predecessor.

The Enemy's gate is down.
October 16, 2022, 11:10 AM
RaiseHal
I’ve got one in 308 that I bought back in the day at a gun show in Atlanta.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill
October 16, 2022, 12:15 PM
parabellum
Any feeding issues with that built-in magazine?
October 16, 2022, 01:14 PM
Voshterkoff
The market is prime for reintroduction of the concept. Imagine a stock like that one one of the 5 pound Kimber rifles.
October 16, 2022, 01:35 PM
Il Cattivo
A redesign of the top of the buttstock might help. KelTec et al stocks could use a little rounding IMHO, and an adjustable cheek piece (if they can find someplace to put the base and adjustments) might be a workable solution as well as a feature.
October 17, 2022, 01:54 PM
RaiseHal
Can’t say about feeding as I’ve never fired it.
I purchased it because I was just starting hunting and it was one of the first folding stock bolt actions available, or at least that I had seen. Also at this time a factory threaded barrel was quite the novelty, much less the compensator and fluted barrel. The Sako A2 action with factory rings finished checking all the right boxes so I bought it. I then decided it was too nice to bang up in the woods so I never used it. I do take her out every now and then and fondle her and tell her she’s beautiful so she feels loved and doesn’t rust.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill
October 24, 2022, 12:42 AM
10X-Shooter
I used to want one of these back in the day. There was one on the wall at Bullseye for awhile that tempted me every time I visited. Wish I had snagged one.