SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who do we like for AR uppers these days?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do we like for AR uppers these days? Login/Join 
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted
I have some stripped lowers that need building but I tuned out of the AR building game some years back. Not necessarily looking for anything too Gucci. Would like to build out a full length one and/or maybe a short M4 sized lightweight brush knocker.

Whatcha got?

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8798 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BCM is always good if they have what you need in stock.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
BCM is always good if they have what you need in stock.

Agree. Also DD and centurion.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
BCM

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And they have tons of uppers in stock right now.

Q

Posts: 26407 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of armme
posted Hide Post
I wait for BCM to have their blemished ones available. Sign up for the "notify me when available" email thing.

Posts: 259 | Location: NC | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes to many, another I think is a great choice is Midwest Industries. They have a store right here in SE WI too.

https://midwestindustriesinc.com/about-us/

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ I love this long stick from MI. Wish they still make this upper. I have since moved the front sight back a little and put a Surefire X300 in front of it.

Q

Posts: 26407 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Daniel Defense and LMT.

Posts: 1457 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BCM or a Colt upper would fit the bill. They are both around the same price.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Palmettos State Armory (PSA) has a bunch for budget builds. I have a couple of their CHF setups, made by FN. Do I need CHF?...Probably not.

Are they as good as DD or BCM, probably not, but probably close enuff.

PCA 20" CHF Upper - $549

PSA CHF 16" Upper - $439

Posts: 5762 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
what kind of budget. I would look for an 18" Spr myself. Spikes is another. Mikes Fox Trot is another. And then there is always LaRue Which is about as good as it gets.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Palmettos State Armory (PSA) has a bunch for budget builds. I have a couple of their CHF setups, made by FN. Do I need CHF?...Probably not.

Are they as good as DD or BCM, probably not, but probably close enuff.

PCA 20" CHF Upper - $549

PSA CHF 16" Upper - $439

Anything PSA with a front sight post causes you to roll the dice on it be canted....just saying...

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Building your own BCM stripped blems are the way to go.
https://bravocompanyusa.com/bc...bled-demo-scratched/

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post