SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who do we like for AR uppers these days?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do we like for AR uppers these days? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I currently have DD, Geissele, and Colt and can say all are incredible. That being said, I don’t think you can go wrong with BCM, Centurion, SoL,etc. A friend has had great results with the PSA Saber uppers as they use FN barrels, I believe.

Posts: 132 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
If you are on a budget, Palmetto State and Bear Creek Arsenal. I have really been impressed with the side chargers from Bear Creek. Both have been very accurate and I have had no problems with either.

Posts: 3607 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I'll put in a vote for Aero Precision. If you look around and keep an eye out for sales, you can find some great deals.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6087 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What smaller-sized handgun would you recommend for beginners?

in the 'Merica Navy they teach you to go pew pew pew...
Luckily in the PNW they taught me to go BANG BANG BANG

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Some detail would help with a question like that. For what eventual purpose? Carry? SD at home? Range fun?

Something like the P365, M&P Compact, P228/9, etc. There are TONS of choices, so lots comes down to personal preference, how it feels in your hand, what "smaller" means to you, etc. I'd stick to 9mm because it will maximize your choices.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17392 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, I received my BCM "Blem" upper, I couldnt find a scratch or any such issue.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9715 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mac_220:

A good .22 revolver, Ruger or S&W. You can develop good trigger control with DA or make it easier with SA. The revolver is more tolerant (in my experience) in the variation in .22 ammo (some semis perfer high velocity ammo). Additionally, the low cost and low report/recoil of the .22 makes it easy to do a lot of target practice. The low report and no recoil help prevent flinching.

You will probably get more responses to your inquiry if you post over in the pistol area.

Posts: 4628 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mac_220:

Mac - while we luv to be helpful - you may get a greater response in the Sig pistols section!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/430601935

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4603 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post