SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Vote on a scope for a new AR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vote on a scope for a new AR Login/Join 
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
I use a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 on my 16" AR15. This combination has worked out really well for me.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Found you a couple of good used options in your price range.

I'm not afraid of buying used optics made by companies that stand behind their products. Seller has 100% positive feedback on 65 transactions.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Eq...P-Gen-1/163-1834994/

The Burris is in MRAD but the Vortex is in MOA.

I personally chose to go MRAD for my precision optic but I think MOA is workable if the cost savings is worth it to you.

But I understand if you are dead set on MRAD that you would want to go that route. We want what we want.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I have the 3-15 PST Gen2 FFP MRAD scope. So far I am very impressed with it. Still sussing it out. Load development is done so I will get to start reaching out with it in the near future.

1k 73 ELD bullets to stuff into cases!

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
You are an engineer so this is probably old hat, but if you understand either your FFP or SFP scope, you can make it do what you want.

If you don't have it already, Strelok Pro is money well spent if you want to reach out.

Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
You are an engineer so this is probably old hat, but if you understand either your FFP or SFP scope, you can make it do what you want.

If you don't have it already, Strelok Pro is money well spent if you want to reach out.

If I have it right in my head, the generic end result is I can have consistent ranging measurements across all magnifications with a reticle that increases in size or I can have a consistently fine reticle lines with accurate ranging measurements only at 100% magnification.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CEShooter:
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:

If I have it right in my head, the generic end result is I can have consistent ranging measurements across all magnifications with a reticle that increases in size or I can have a consistently fine reticle lines with accurate ranging measurements only at 100% magnification.

Correct. FFP offers consistent holdovers at any magnification.

The bigger advantage, moreso than ranging, is that your holdovers are consistent with FFP.

So if your 400 yard hold is 2.1 mils, you can hold 2.1 mils and hit a coyote whether your scope is set on 5x, 11x, or whatever.

posted Hide Post
Primary Arms ACSS Raptor 1-6 FFP with an ADM or MI QD mount is less than what your max budget is. If you prefer SFP then the Primary Arms ACSS GEN 3 would work well too. They offer a bunch of different reticles and a few 1-8x scopes.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post