SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mossberg Shockwave Night Stick
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mossberg Shockwave Night Stick Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Love the wood!
I got a TAC 14 Hardwood only cause I didn't like the black plastic, this would be a hard decision.

Myabe, I'll get one of these too!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
So, what is the consensus on 20 ga versus 12 ga?

this will never be a high-round count kind of toy, but just how ugly is 2 3/4” shotshells out of the 12 ga version?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

this will never be a high-round count kind of toy, but just how ugly is 2 3/4” shotshells out of the 12 ga version?

I did 25 bird shot and 15 buckshot the first day I had mine from high pectoral index. I have the shoulder strength of a newborn kitten. No drama at all.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Can these use the Aguila Mini-Shells? That could be interesting...

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Can these use the Aguila Mini-Shells? That could be interesting...

If you use this adaptor they work just fine and it is a blast to shoot loaded with the mini shells.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
quote:

I did 25 bird shot and 15 buckshot the first day I had mine from high pectoral index. I have the shoulder strength of a newborn kitten. No drama at all.

The 12ga isn’t bad at all.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I concur. Shooting from the hip, or shoulder is no biggie at all.

Here’s a video of Hickok45 shooting two at once.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
My local enabler tells me these are still on "allocation" - meaning only the big dealers are getting them.

He says he knows folks at Mossberg, so my order is in. I'm looking forward to another toy I don't need. I'm with ASG, this is the perfect thing "because fuck you".

Bring on the zombie apocalypse...

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

It reminds me of the umbrella-holder full of retired nightsticks my grandfather kept by the front door.

Never met the man, but I like him!

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the wood, it looks like something pulled from a scabbard a la Romancing The Stone.

Which is reason enough to buy one.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
With the wood, it looks like something pulled from a scabbard a la Romancing The Stone.

Which is reason enough to buy one.
Agreed. Now they just need to do a LH version like the 870 in Romancing the Stone. Big Grin

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Does capture that classic riot gun vibe pretty well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I hope they start selling that furniture separately. I'll buy it immediately. It will turn my Shockwave from a cool but impractical toy to a REALLY cool and impractical toy.

Seriously. That is sharp looking. Makes me want to go ride an armored car through a post apocalyptic desert.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
Picking up my nightstick tomorrow. Very psyched.

Already have the Opsol mini-clip and a CDM sling/light mount.

I think I might have to coordinate with one of our local leather makers for some form of appropriate sling.

Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I have one in 12 GA and would like to pick up one in 20 GA.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
that looks like the perfect dumpster protection shotgun

---------------------------------------

I have not heard that before. What does that mean?

Prolly refering to the guy that shot that dude a couple months back over a dumpster. The guy’s dad got in an argument, it escalated, and the adult son used a shockwave to finish the fight.
Here:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...430033744#1430033744

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:

You would have more ammo choices for the 12ga.

I got a mossberg shockwave last week. I put a SBA3 brace on it. Now I need to get out to the range and try it out.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picking up my nightstick tomorrow. Very psyched.

Already have the Opsol mini-clip and a CDM sling/light mount.

I think I might have to coordinate with one of our local leather makers for some form of appropriate sling.

So, whatcha think?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
I put 25 rounds of 2 3/4 birdshot through it this morning, blowing holes in cardboard at ~10 yards.

Very controllable. Would have done more, but it was 23 degrees out.

I think it is perfect item when the command “Standby to repel boarders” is issued.

Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
OO buck at 10 yards as fast as I could cycle it.

Now I need a cutlass, and will then be ready to man the rail to repel boarders...

Would not want this configuration in semi-auto - but if I need that, there is a FN SLP Mk1 in the safe.