SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mossberg Shockwave Night Stick
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mossberg Shockwave Night Stick Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Questions for those who have shot the Shockwave … how is it to aim? At the “working” distance that this weapon would be used at, would putting laser on it be worth it?

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R K9 J:
Questions for those who have shot the Shockwave … how is it to aim? At the “working” distance that this weapon would be used at, would putting laser on it be worth it?

My first two rounds I put right in the face at five yards from the hip. Problem is I was aiming CM. I played with it until I found that a high pectoral index is perfect. I couldn't miss out to seven yards after that. I'm definitely thinking about the Lasersaddle after a while.

BTW, I see you're a fellow Okie. Under state law, we're kinda screwed here.

http://www.oscn.net/applicatio...ent.asp?CiteID=69775

As I understand it, OK2A is working on it. I never thought I'd say OK gun law is stricter the federal statute.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
quote:

My first two rounds I put right in the face at five yards from the hip. Problem is I was aiming CM. I played with it until I found that a high pectoral index is perfect. I couldn't miss out to seven yards after that. I'm definitely thinking about the Lasersaddle after a while.

BTW, I see you're a fellow Okie. Under state law, we're kinda screwed here.

As I understand it, OK2A is working on it. I never thought I'd say OK gun law is stricter the federal statute.

Wow ... thanks for the info. I did not know that about OK law! Still fighting with the "need v. want" issue in getting one of these.

I have looked at the GG&G flashlight mount (link below) for a laser/light on the fore-end. However, if I were to get a Shockwave, I would put a flashlight on that and then if I still needed a laser I would probably go to a top rail for the laser.

Thanks again!

https://www.gggaz.com/mossberg...ave-accessories.html

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wood furniture is so cool. It just captures the vintage "night stick" that my late father use to carry.

Saw this at Black Aces Tactical. Maybe a little too much but interesting to see the traction the Shockwave is getting with after market stuff.

http://www.blackacestactical.c...hockwave-accessories

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin It's a new toy. Now everybody's gotta figure out how to make it look cooler and work better for them.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

CT just sent me an email with a new laser for it. I’m like F U, don’t send me that shit! Would be a great accessory for this and it’s priced right. Like others, I have no use for this other than “cool as shit”. Would make an excellent truck/car gun. I’d definitely go 20g instead of 12.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I handled one at my LGS...do want! Its marked for 3" shells, too. Jeebus.

Only gripe is that the birdshead grip is too slick...needs some stippling or checkering.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Every time I shoot the thing, I can’t help but giggle. It’s probably the funnest gun I own. I got a sweet scabbard for it that I use when walking through the woods.

In regard to the aim, it took a bit of trial and error to find the best way to shoot it, particularly from the hip. My first few shots went high. I think a laser would be cool, as long as it’s something that wouldn’t take away its classic look.

Has anyone tried shooting thier’s one handed? I have lol

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I got a sweet scabbard for it that I use when walking through the woods.

Time for a “show and tell” on the scabbard please.

I’ve got one of these on the way to replace the gold bead. TRUGLO Starbrite Deluxe Bead Fiber Optic Sight 5-40 Red https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think the bead threads and the blind screws used for a rail on the top of the receiver are the same. If so, then I’m moving the gold bead to the back and trying it (I find I shoot to the left - probably my dominant left eye taking over when shooting right handed. Something to better line things up should help. I can’t see putting a laser on it, trying to stay minimal.)

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
It’s basically this. Nothing fancy. Made in China, purchased at the gun shop. Nice and padded, lotsa molle that’s perfect for extra shells.

https://www.uspeacekeeper.com/...cts/shotgun-scabbard

posted Hide Post
quote:
I think a laser would be cool, as long as it’s something that wouldn’t take away its classic look.

That's the key for me too. Putting a laser on top of the receiver makes sense BUT to me it would kill the lines of this gun. I may get on with the GG&G front light mount and see if a Laser/Light combination would work.

Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I cut my old Mossberg barrel down. Holds 7 regular. I left the full stock on.
It became alot easier to shoot.
The 30'' full choke would kick like a mule.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is 10 yards standing unsupported using only the factory bead sight with two shells of Federal LE low-recoil flight control 00 buck and two slugs. I hold the shotgun high and aim like I would any shotgun with a stock.

I also started giggling the first time I shot it. As has everyone else I’ve let try it. It’s a blast to shoot.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804: BTW, I see you're a fellow Okie. Under state law, we're kinda screwed here.

I wrote the Attorney General's office today. If the State defines the Shockwave as a "shotgun" but BATF does not, then there is no legal path to ownership since we cannot register it as a AOW or SBS. I asked if they would provide recommendations to the state to amend OK 21-1289.5 to be congruent with federal law.

If they reply, I will post what they say.

Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804: BTW, I see you're a fellow Okie. Under state law, we're kinda screwed here.

I wrote the Attorney General's office today. If the State defines the Shockwave as a "shotgun" but BATF does not, then there is no legal path to ownership since we cannot register it as a AOW or SBS. I asked if they would provide recommendations to the state to amend OK 21-1289.5 to be congruent with federal law.

If they reply, I will post what they say.

That's what's OK2A is asking for. Texas did something similar last year.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if there's a good IWB holster for these? I can't decide between behind the hip or appendix carry.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Were in a grey area in OK but I don't see how we could use the sawed off definition if it was never a shotgun in the first place?

2014 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
§21-1289.5. Definitions for Firearms Act - Shotguns.
Universal Citation: 21 OK Stat § 21-1289.5 (2014)
DEFINITIONS FOR FIREARMS ACT

"Shotguns" as used in the Oklahoma Firearms Act of 1971, Sections 1289.1 through 1289.17 of this title, shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels more than eighteen (18) inches in length, and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion, but not to include any weapon so designed with a barrel less than eighteen (18) inches in length. In addition, any "shotgun" capable of firing single projectiles but primarily designed to fire multiple projectiles such as "shot" will be regarded as a "shotgun".

Added by Laws 1971, c. 159, § 5, emerg. eff. May 24, 1971. Amended by Laws 1995, c. 272, § 43, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah ... goes to what the state (not necessarily the feds) define as a "shotgun". I don't want to go to jail, lose my guns and possibly get raped.

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My understanding on the gun bill that the Ohio Legislature just overrode due to Kasichs veto, that we can now have them when the law kicks in.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post