SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    P320 Adapter for 9mm AR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Adapter for 9mm AR Login/Join 
posted
Just ran across this 320 adapter. Interesting concept. I tried to go to Matador Arms' website, but seems to be having problems.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post

Cool idea, but $150 MSRP for a mag adapter? You can buy 5x 33rd factory Glock mags for that price (it requires a glock bolt/upper). Nice option when the price comes down.

I assume someone already makes something like this for Glock mags? For cheaper?

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
All of the 9mm mag well adapters are in that price range. Colt, uzi, glock mag... depending on where you find it you can pay close to $200.. You might find one for $100, but that might be sketch. There are a whole lot of mag blocks out there now.

Sure you can buy a bunch of any given mag for that price, but if you want to jamb them in an AR, you'll need a mag block.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Wow, I didn't realize the adapters were so pricey. A complete 9mm lower from PSA is around $200 for rifle maybe $250 for pistol version with SBA3. Limited to Colt or Glock though but that's the way I'd go. I do understand the selling points of an adapter I just figured it was cheaper!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
This is actually pretty cool. Like Arc said, the price is pretty well inline with other mag blocks on the market. I currently have a PSA 9mm dedicated Glock lower, and it runs fine, so I wouldn't see much benefit from going to this. But since I've gotten out of Glocks and invested heavily into the P320 platform, if I was starting over today I'd probably go this route instead, assuming this thing works and gets good reviews.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Wow, I didn't realize the adapters were so pricey. A complete 9mm lower from PSA is around $200 for rifle maybe $250 for pistol version with SBA3. Limited to Colt or Glock though but that's the way I'd go. I do understand the selling points of an adapter I just figured it was cheaper!

A complete lower used to be more expensive, this sort of thing has always been around that price. I imagine their cost hasn't come down because supply/demand for them is pretty static.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post