SIGforum
P320 Adapter for 9mm AR

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5770044654

May 06, 2019, 05:34 PM
am94pm
P320 Adapter for 9mm AR
Just ran across this 320 adapter. Interesting concept. I tried to go to Matador Arms' website, but seems to be having problems.
May 06, 2019, 08:40 PM
JBird679

Cool idea, but $150 MSRP for a mag adapter? You can buy 5x 33rd factory Glock mags for that price (it requires a glock bolt/upper). Nice option when the price comes down.

I assume someone already makes something like this for Glock mags? For cheaper?
May 06, 2019, 09:52 PM
arcwelder
All of the 9mm mag well adapters are in that price range. Colt, uzi, glock mag... depending on where you find it you can pay close to $200.. You might find one for $100, but that might be sketch. There are a whole lot of mag blocks out there now.

Sure you can buy a bunch of any given mag for that price, but if you want to jamb them in an AR, you'll need a mag block.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

May 06, 2019, 10:51 PM
JBird679
Wow, I didn't realize the adapters were so pricey. A complete 9mm lower from PSA is around $200 for rifle maybe $250 for pistol version with SBA3. Limited to Colt or Glock though but that's the way I'd go. I do understand the selling points of an adapter I just figured it was cheaper!
May 07, 2019, 04:35 AM
92fstech
This is actually pretty cool. Like Arc said, the price is pretty well inline with other mag blocks on the market. I currently have a PSA 9mm dedicated Glock lower, and it runs fine, so I wouldn't see much benefit from going to this. But since I've gotten out of Glocks and invested heavily into the P320 platform, if I was starting over today I'd probably go this route instead, assuming this thing works and gets good reviews.
May 07, 2019, 05:29 AM
arcwelder
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Wow, I didn't realize the adapters were so pricey. A complete 9mm lower from PSA is around $200 for rifle maybe $250 for pistol version with SBA3. Limited to Colt or Glock though but that's the way I'd go. I do understand the selling points of an adapter I just figured it was cheaper!

A complete lower used to be more expensive, this sort of thing has always been around that price. I imagine their cost hasn't come down because supply/demand for them is pretty static.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP