SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Rifle Day: KAC SR-15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rifle Day: KAC SR-15 Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted
I wet my beak with a 6920 back in 2008. Great gun, but it's very 90s. After that I added a few that I pieced together myself to accommodate accessories/longer rails...etc, making them more "current". Building ARs is a lot of fun and a great way to learn the platform, but I always wanted a really nice factory AR. I've always appreciated DD, LMT, Knights. The opportunity presented itself to pick up a KAC at a very juicy price, so I said yes. It's been a good year and I hit all of my goals so this is an early Christmas/Birthday present to myself.

I'll be scouring Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals to add a few accessories. The gun feels very good and very well built, albeit a little dry from the factory, so I field stripped and added lube.

Enough with the love story, pictures!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle! You love those sights, right?

Use LOTS of lube, no matter what the owner's manual says.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Very nice rifle! You love those sights, right?

Use LOTS of lube, no matter what the owner's manual says.

I do. They will NOT be coming off the gun or being sold any time soon.

I cycled the gun a few times and stripped again, lubed a little more.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some will state that premium-priced AR15s aren't worth it. One can buy two, three, maybe even four value-line ARs for one premium-line. The KAC may not last 4 times longer. Or shoot 4 times more accurately. It won't make better holes on a D-1 target at 15 yards.

But tens of thousands of rounds later, the KAC will still be there. For targets hundreds of yards away.

Enjoy your KAC. Shoot it a lot. Push yourself.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Very nice. I hope to one day own a KAC variant of some sort.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your KAC! I have an older SR-15 with the URX 3.1 rail on it, and it is absolutely one of my favorite rifles.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Most excellent. Definitely one to be proud to own and used a lot.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I'm fortunate to have more than 1 in my safe. For a factory rifle, I see no reason to look elsewhere.

You'll enjoy the heck out of that and be able to trust it with the utmost confidence.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a sweeeeet AR. Congrads!

Really like the furniture on it.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post