SIGforum
New Rifle Day: KAC SR-15

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5270088684

November 18, 2021, 03:30 PM
MikeGLI
New Rifle Day: KAC SR-15
I wet my beak with a 6920 back in 2008. Great gun, but it's very 90s. After that I added a few that I pieced together myself to accommodate accessories/longer rails...etc, making them more "current". Building ARs is a lot of fun and a great way to learn the platform, but I always wanted a really nice factory AR. I've always appreciated DD, LMT, Knights. The opportunity presented itself to pick up a KAC at a very juicy price, so I said yes. It's been a good year and I hit all of my goals so this is an early Christmas/Birthday present to myself.

I'll be scouring Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals to add a few accessories. The gun feels very good and very well built, albeit a little dry from the factory, so I field stripped and added lube.

Enough with the love story, pictures!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
November 18, 2021, 04:02 PM
Loswsmith

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
November 18, 2021, 05:23 PM
RichardC
Very nice rifle! You love those sights, right?

Use LOTS of lube, no matter what the owner's manual says.

November 18, 2021, 06:44 PM
MikeGLI
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Very nice rifle! You love those sights, right?

Use LOTS of lube, no matter what the owner's manual says.

I do. They will NOT be coming off the gun or being sold any time soon.

I cycled the gun a few times and stripped again, lubed a little more.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
November 18, 2021, 09:57 PM
fritz
Some will state that premium-priced AR15s aren't worth it. One can buy two, three, maybe even four value-line ARs for one premium-line. The KAC may not last 4 times longer. Or shoot 4 times more accurately. It won't make better holes on a D-1 target at 15 yards.

But tens of thousands of rounds later, the KAC will still be there. For targets hundreds of yards away.

Enjoy your KAC. Shoot it a lot. Push yourself.
November 19, 2021, 06:48 AM
Vgex
Very nice. I hope to one day own a KAC variant of some sort.
November 19, 2021, 10:59 AM
Mike S
Congratulations on your KAC! I have an older SR-15 with the URX 3.1 rail on it, and it is absolutely one of my favorite rifles.
November 19, 2021, 11:20 AM
inspcalahan
Most excellent. Definitely one to be proud to own and used a lot.
November 20, 2021, 07:35 AM
jjkroll32
I'm fortunate to have more than 1 in my safe. For a factory rifle, I see no reason to look elsewhere.

You'll enjoy the heck out of that and be able to trust it with the utmost confidence.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
November 20, 2021, 08:38 AM
Underdog
That is a sweeeeet AR. Congrads!

Really like the furniture on it.