SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Let’s play build that rifle. Anything you would do different?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let’s play build that rifle. Anything you would do different? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Hopefully I’ll have better luck with the BA barrel.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but I started down the exact same route as you and found that running a 16" was subjectively but appreciably less loud than a 14.5" pinned and welded.

I would respectfully suggest a 16” midlength gas system with a click detent adjustable gas block and a muzzle break instead of a flash hider might be worth your consideration, since you are planning to run suppressed the majority of the time.

Having an MRO, I would also suggest that a "go to handy for all times and all purposes" rifle might be better served with a 1-4 or 1-6 LPVO vice an unmagnified optic. A PSA 1-6 FFP with an ACSS reticle would be a good choice for this build.

I found those two changes made my rifle more pleasant to shoot, more reliable, and more capable for engagements from 0-300y with negligible changes in length and weight.

(If you're already into the 14.5 P&W upper, the above would be the second upper that I build for that rifle.)

Posts: 1785 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post