SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    In this day and age of fancy drop-in match AR triggers, do folks still use the old mil-spec trigger anymore?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In this day and age of fancy drop-in match AR triggers, do folks still use the old mil-spec trigger anymore? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I use a Mil Spec trigger in all my ARs. I got used to it when I was in the Army and find it serves me well.

Same here but different branch.
M16A2, iron sights. Mil Spec is fine for me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's about a 50/50 mix for me. I like shooting them either way; mil-spec is more of a challenge but for my 20" and 22" rifles having a SSA-E trigger onboard definitely helps me and my challenged skills out as I use those out to further distances than I do with my carbines.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I’ve never shot anything but mil-spec triggers in AR’s, so I don’t know what I’m missing. One of mine has a 70’s Colt trigger and the other has a QMS. They’ve both been just fine, but I could see a scenario where I shoot someone’s rifle equipped with a Geissele and decide there’s no going back.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ALG's in all my carbines with the heavy spring, Geissele SSA in my bench rest rifle.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a Sig M400 a few years ago, and it had one of the worst triggers that I have ever felt. It was heavy and gritty with lots of creep. I replaced it with a Geissele SSA, and it was like going from a Yugo to a Lexus. I also have an ACT trigger that I put in my older DPMS that also had a terrible trigger. The ACT was a significant improvement. I have tried mil-spec triggers that are pretty decent, but upgraded triggers are a nice improvement. I find them worth the money.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
CMC 2 stage flat face triggers for me.

Milspec triggers suck. Have no choice in the Army but I'm not going to keep that trash in something I paid for.

Posts: 13049 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post