SIGforum
In this day and age of fancy drop-in match AR triggers, do folks still use the old mil-spec trigger anymore?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/3690055584

October 03, 2021, 07:48 PM
joatmonv
In this day and age of fancy drop-in match AR triggers, do folks still use the old mil-spec trigger anymore?
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I use a Mil Spec trigger in all my ARs. I got used to it when I was in the Army and find it serves me well.

Same here but different branch.
M16A2, iron sights. Mil Spec is fine for me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
October 03, 2021, 11:41 PM
monoblok
It's about a 50/50 mix for me. I like shooting them either way; mil-spec is more of a challenge but for my 20" and 22" rifles having a SSA-E trigger onboard definitely helps me and my challenged skills out as I use those out to further distances than I do with my carbines.

-MG
October 04, 2021, 10:46 AM
P220 Smudge
Honestly, I’ve never shot anything but mil-spec triggers in AR’s, so I don’t know what I’m missing. One of mine has a 70’s Colt trigger and the other has a QMS. They’ve both been just fine, but I could see a scenario where I shoot someone’s rifle equipped with a Geissele and decide there’s no going back.

October 04, 2021, 07:04 PM
CrazyHorse5.0
I have ALG's in all my carbines with the heavy spring, Geissele SSA in my bench rest rifle.
October 05, 2021, 08:54 PM
Sig Mann
I got a Sig M400 a few years ago, and it had one of the worst triggers that I have ever felt. It was heavy and gritty with lots of creep. I replaced it with a Geissele SSA, and it was like going from a Yugo to a Lexus. I also have an ACT trigger that I put in my older DPMS that also had a terrible trigger. The ACT was a significant improvement. I have tried mil-spec triggers that are pretty decent, but upgraded triggers are a nice improvement. I find them worth the money.
October 05, 2021, 11:44 PM
Edmond
CMC 2 stage flat face triggers for me.

Milspec triggers suck. Have no choice in the Army but I'm not going to keep that trash in something I paid for.