SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need a pellet rifle for small game/rodent control...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a pellet rifle for small game/rodent control... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Also... Pyramyd Air does not sell the HW models, only the Beeman. I am in Ohio and so is Pyramyd. I was actually born in the same town (Solon) that Pyramyd is based in, so I wanted to do business with them.

Also, they have a great reputation in the air gunning world, much like Top Gun Supply, Gray Guns and Greg Cote in the SIG world.

Sorry for the late response... Spent the day with the wife doin stuff and things.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Whenever you guys get around to it I’d kinda like to hear your thoughts on these rifles.

I’m always curious to hear folks thoughts when their only points of ref may be the BB guns or cheap pellet guns they had as kids or what their opinion is as a real gun owner looking at these.

Take care, shoot safe
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Anyone have an opinion on Stephen Archer & Archer Airguns ?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Whenever you guys get around to it I’d kinda like to hear your thoughts on these rifles.

I’m always curious to hear folks thoughts when their only points of ref may be the BB guns or cheap pellet guns they had as kids or what their opinion is as a real gun owner looking at these.

Take care, shoot safe
Chris

If you're just looking to kill rats at 25 yards or less, they do the job just as well as any. The problem with most of them though is the stock size, most of them have what would be considered a youth stock size and if you're a larger guy, very hard to shoulder and be accurate with (quickly).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rats - arrived home after a long work day and found that the rifle/scope combo. advertised by Pyramid Air as "Scope is Mounted!" - isn't. Got a poorly packaged box with the scope, rings, and pellets without any packing material to keep things from knocking around, and the one strip of tape used to seal the box didn't and it was open to anyone and everyone. Most importantly, the rifle wasn't part of the delivery.

I have an e-mail in to Pyramid asking why they advertise one thing, but deliver another, and also asking them to track the rifle's current location.

At the moment I'm very disappointed in Pyramid Air's service and shipping. Somebody on their end messed up. I'll find out on Monday if they're going to make it right, or not.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
marksman...

That is a bummer. Nothing like my experience from just 10 days ago.

Each tin of pellets were individually packages in a foam donut with cardboard sandwiching it. This was on top of the retail packaging that the tins were still in. 5 tins, 3 from Solon, Ohio with the rifle and 2 from a warehouse in UT, and all packaged individually in the foam/cardboard sandwiches.

My rifle was not advertised with a scope, but I did purchase a scope mount from them. Also in the retail packaging and then wrapped in brown packing paper to provide some cushion.

My only scare was that the rifle I ordered looked unopened and untouched. That was a concern because I had paid extra for them to run 10 pellets through it to ensure it wasn't a lemon. When I removed the rifle from the OEM packaging, under the rifle sat the owners manual as well at the chrono results and test target from Pyramyd. So they packaged it to the same level as the factory (the tape even looked factory).

They have a crazy good reputation. I would give them a chance to make it right.

Could it have been tampered with in shipping or molested while sitting on your front stoop? I am grasping here. I suppose one could have been shipped before it was fully configured. I would not sweat it until you speak with them.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pellets were packed in the same manner as how you received yours, boz, but the scope and rings are in their original boxes (each still wrapped in cellophane) and everything was loose in the shipping box - no paper or packing material.

Hopefully on Monday I'll have a response as to where the rifle is and why what I ordered doesn't match what was delivered.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At my age one would think I wouldn't need to keep relearning certain life lessons like patience, but apparently I do.

The Beeman arrived today with mounted scope - well packaged and in perfect condition. So boz, Pyramyd is as good as you and others say they are. Even more so as they sent more than I had asked for.

I just sent an e-mail of apology for my previous message and let them know I'll be sending the extra scope and rings back on Monday.

posted Hide Post
Well... That is excellent to hear.

I wonder if you had some of your shipment sent from another warehouse from where the gun was shipped.

Like I said, I got some pellets from Utah, but the gun and more pellets came from their facility in Ohio.

Maybe a mix-up with their sales/inventory system.

Either way, now you can start shootin.

I am spending most of my Sunday mounting my scope, zeroing and shooting.

The "Boz"

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
At my age one would think I wouldn't need to keep relearning certain life lessons like patience, but apparently I do.

What is this pay shance you speak of. Sounds made up to me. Smile

Funny story when my daughter was little we literally had the following conversation....

“Sweetie you need to learn something about patience. Daddy doesn’t have any and the sooner you learn this the happier we will all be. Smile

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd revive this thread rather than start another or keep my thread going from a a couple days ago. For some reason I couldn't find this thread the other day. Anyhow I decided to hold off buying before the weekend so as to not be rushed into something and have buyers regret later. After reading through this thread I am leaning towards the Benjamin Nitro Piston guns. They seem to incorporate what I'm looking for at a decent price point. Power for humane kills, claim to be among the most quiet and have generally high reviews. I'm looking at the Trail NP XL and the Ironhide SBD NP Elite. They compare very closely in specifications but the Trail NP is priced over $130 more. The only major difference I can see is the Trail NP has a wooden stock and the Ironhide is a synthetic. Or am I missing something else?

Comparison Link

The Ironhide seems to be out of stock everywhere where the Trail is available. I did find the Ironside in stock at this site but I have not seem them mentioned here before and don't know how legit they are.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Trail NP is heavier in overall weight, longer barrel and overall length, greater cocking effort, Weaver scope mount rather than 11MM dovetail,
but has no iron sights.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Well all this is moot for me now. Happened to stop at Wal Mart to pick up a battery for the boat electronics. Wandered over to the gun section and they had 2 Ruger Impact Elite gas piston 22 cal barrel break air rifles. Wood stock and fiber optic sights. Comes with a cas and a sling. $148. Impulse made me grab one. Only opened it long enough to see the wood stock looks gorgeous. Will report back with pics and a newbies first impressions.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember who makes the Ruger air rifles but IIRC as far as the big box offerings they are one of the better choices and thought fairly high of.

Hope it works out for you but once again if you start shooting it and it’s a “POS inaccurate rifle”……….. chances are it’s you not the rifle. Light hold, good trigger press and same follow through every time. Also sample different pellets. They make a huge difference from one to the next.

Enjoy it in good health.