SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Mason-Howe Rifle Room    Let’s see your training rifle set-up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Let’s see your training rifle set-up Login/Join 
Member
posted
I know some on here have unlimited funds and have multiple back-ups to your back-upBig Grin. I have handguns that I have multiples of, but not with rifles. I truly have no desire to have two of the same rifle. I did however want a training gun to go along with my primary rifle. My RPR is in 5.56 and is a great shooter. The other RPR is in 22LR and allows me way more trigger time using the same scope and trigger as the larger gun. They are both suppressed I found I am shooting better with the 5.56 due to the increased trigger time with the 22.

I would love to see other set-ups and hear your thoughts on training guns.



This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,
 
Posts: 1269 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Nice setups.

All of my centerfire bolt actions are Tikkas, and I configured a 223 Remington T3 Tactical as a “training” gun to complement the two T3x models in 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Winchester. As it’s turned out, though, I haven’t used it very much. What I have been shooting quite a bit recently is this one. It’s a Ruger 77/22 that I’ve upgraded in various ways. Most significantly is the Lilja barrel that is performing very well for me, but I’ve made other modifications over the past couple of years: new scope, 4.5-28×52mm; Arca-Swiss rail; better cheek riser; scope level; dope card holder; monopod for how I like to control the rear of the stock.

I would really like to get a chassis stock to more closely match those on my other rifles, but the 77/22 was discontinued quite some time ago and I can’t find anything that’s made for it. I keep thinking of getting another high quality rimfire, but I don’t have any intention of getting into competition or long range shooting, and the Ruger shoots more than well enough for my purposes, so ....






“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 49962 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Savage Mark II FV SR in a Boyd’s Varmint Stock and a Nikon Rimfire 3-9 Scope. I have a Sparrow in lockup for over a year. Hopefully it will be freed any day now.
Not counting the Sparrow I have under $500 in this gun. It will outshoot me for a long time to come.


————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
 
Posts: 26955 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Mason-Howe Rifle Room    Let’s see your training rifle set-up

© SIGforum 2026