SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have a 733 they like? How about a 6933? "Commando" Short AR discussion and rambling inside.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a 733 they like? How about a 6933? "Commando" Short AR discussion and rambling inside. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We had to sign a stupid NDA prior to class, but I would go with the blemish…..

If you can find it in stock.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jljones,

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37167 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
We had to sign a stupid NDA prior to class, but I would go with the blemish…..

If you can find it in stock.

After getting mine in, I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement. The blem on mine is on the right side of the adjustment lever and TINY. I don't know that I'd even notice it if I hadn't been looking for it.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Now to wait for the AFT to pull their thumbs, all of them, out of whatever orifices they keep them stowed. 68 days.

Posts: 17614 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I'll admit it is late and I did not read all 3 pages,

sorry, will do it later

however

the fist MG I ever shot, and I was maybe 10, was a factory Colt Commando, basically a XM177 with out the moderator

when or actually before the law was passed, I converted my Sendra AR into a Sendra M16, and have a Commando set up for it,

(I will admit I prefer a fixed stock, silly, I know) and have many many rounds thru it,

it is loud, however with a 10.5 is is accurate at 100yrds, and it is most importantly, fun

no pic handy,

however, a Sendra with a (currently) GI 3 round burst kit installed,
GI A1 upper, SGW 10.5 with a standard A1 Flash hidder,
6 hole handguards and a factory Colt Collapsible,

runs like a top,

I also have a LMT 14.5 upper for it as well

and an extra A1 stock and A1 20" upper

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10565 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Need to swap out this old painted buffer tube for one of the new ones sitting in the parts bin, but otherwise the 733 is done. The 6933 is a mess and I’m going to do a complete overhaul. I posted a photo of them together, but it looked so gross on the monitor I took it down lol. Sweet baby Jesus, this thing is light and handy. Now to fire up Heat. Big Grin

Posts: 17614 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, I might be over the 733 already. Razz

Range trip last weekend went well, except for the 733. I actually had to mortar it four or five times, a first for me with any AR. Long story short, I wound up swapping some buffers and springs around and got it running better, but it's not 100%. I'm not sure if it's overgassed and locking, or undergassed, or what, but it didn't exactly thrill me. I think even if I get it running right, it's less interesting to me now. I dunno.

The 6933, however, was flawless, and a joy to shoot. I tried an A2 grip and CAR stock on it and decided to go back to the Magpul stuff - I just like it better. Kind of a modernized Mk18 Mod 0 with an 11.5" barrel thing. The RAS, of course, arrived the day after the range trip, so that'll get checked on another outing. I gave it a cohesive paint scheme, which I'm pleased with the results of. I'm buying a Surefire M952V off a friend that'll go on there, and I have a PA 1x micro prism coming tomorrow. I'll test it out vs a Holosun HE403C-GR and see which does better under NODs, and then that one will get a coat of tan and brown and mounted.

Oh, and yeah, I thought painting guns was kind of silly, too, until the first time I saw bare anodized aluminum glow in IR light through night vision. It's like a neon sign - doesn't matter what color it is, it outright glows. This carbine is intended for a night setup, so it gets paint.