SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have a 733 they like? How about a 6933? "Commando" Short AR discussion and rambling inside.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a 733 they like? How about a 6933? "Commando" Short AR discussion and rambling inside. Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
thanks. the $180 includes buffer tube, spring, buffer and repro lock-ring.

When they first were released afer Doublestar bought out Essential Arms, the kits were on sale for like $119. Needless to say, I grabbed several. I compared them with my original Colt SP1 Carbine and my Colt Reiussue GAU and XM177 and they're indistinguishable. I've posted pics here before I think showing all three.

Posts: 3157 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I compared them with my original Colt SP1 Carbine and my Colt Reiussue GAU and XM177 and they're indistinguishable. I've posted pics here before I think showing all three.

That's not something I would have expected, but that's good to hear if I wanted to go down that rabbit hole. Hmmmm... is one of those "correct" for a 733? Big Grin

I know, probably not.

Posts: 17621 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

That's not something I would have expected, but that's good to hear if I wanted to go down that rabbit hole. Hmmmm... is one of those "correct" for a 733? Big Grin

I know, probably not.

An early 733 would likely have had the coated aluminum stock with 2-position carbine receiver extension and a m16a1 upper receiver. Later 733 would have had fiberlite N 1 type stock with either 2 or 4-position carbine receiver extension and a C7 upper receiver.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JoshNC,

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2357 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I guess I'm shooting for a later version. The upper is a C7, a friend is chipping me a take-off M4 stock, probably go with a six position tube just because it's easier for now. May eventually try to run down a deal on a fiberlite since it would be the most correct but it isn't a high priority this year.

Posts: 17621 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 6933 colt with a GI carry handle it’s a fun rifle. But it’s all magpul. As soon as my next stamp comes in on a SBR lower with A1 grip I will put a recently acquired 11.5 with fixed carry ( bushmaster ) upper. Debating making it a GAU clone or just leaving it. OG colt 733 uppers are made of unobtanium.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, I guess I'm shooting for a later version. The upper is a C7, a friend is chipping me a take-off M4 stock, probably go with a six position tube just because it's easier for now. May eventually try to run down a deal on a fiberlite since it would be the most correct but it isn't a high priority this year.

The H&R reproduction fiberlite stock is supposed to be very good. I believe some have said the M&A parts reproduction is good too.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2357 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have four of the MA Parts stocks. One is on the gun in the picture I sent you, Smudge; one is currently in a drawer, one is on a friends gun, and one is on my "car carbine". They are a bargain, they have the look, and they're light and compact. I have used my 933 a lot, and haven't had any kind of durability issues; though I don't recall anything terrible ever happening to the gun.

Posts: 2460 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I found these and I figured "well, that's not a bad price. That's cheaper than a new Magpul anything."

https://retrorifles.com/car-15-buttstock-fiberlite/

Then I found these.
https://www.mapartsinc.com/sho...&iCat=21&iSubOne=397

I'll see what else I need from them. This is happening. Now I need to source an A1 grip and I'm off and running for the 733.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

posted Hide Post
Love my LE6933! She just got a fresh paint job today.

https://i.imgur.com/pacgexJ.jpg

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Yeah, I'm gonna go with a quad rail and then paint this 6933.

Last of the parts for everything are coming together, should have everything ready or finished soon. Fiberlite repro came in, looks and feels great. Tried it on a stripped lower I put together a few weeks ago, it works just fine. So light. Oh, and it turns out I do have a four position Colt buffer tube I got from a friend years ago. I totally forgot that it is what it is, so those will get paired and go on the 733 when the time comes.

My Form 1's are at 29 days, so I'm starting to get a little antsy. I know, people have waited far longer, and people currently are waiting three or four times that, but still. Looking forward to emails with permission so then I can go pick up my parts and commence construction of what would have been a felony mere hours prior. Roll Eyes

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Been selling and trading stuff lately and worked a trade with a friend for this GUU-5/P type upper. One of the Brownell's CAR stocks is included. I've wanted a slick side AR for a long time, so it's nice to put something together finally, and in a configuration I've always been enamored with. It's a pin and weld, so no horse dancing around with the ATF. I'm at 60 days on my Form 1's, so hopefully those break loose sometime soon. This one is already partially painted, so I'll hit it with the Krylon when it's all together because why not?

733 is almost done, I'll post a pic when I get it finished. We close on a house two weeks from today (knock on wood) so things have been nutty.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I was up at Doublestar earlier in the week. They have an originalist stock, tooled from aluminum as a clone option. fyi

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37173 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oooh. This one here?

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...025266491?pid=490886

Cheaper than the Ace. Glad to see more people getting in on the retro repro game.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
This reminded me of my stupidness. No NFA stuff in my state, but many years ago now I decided (mostly because I had this upper receiver) to assemble a "well it looks a little like" level of clone, even though I knew I didn't care for the short sight radius. Paid an OBSCENE amount of money for a pre-ban slab side Colt lower. Bought a good enough mock moderator, had the barrel cut and it welded on. Fought some function issues because it wasn't happy about dwell I guess and didn't like to extract. Got it working and parted it out, sold it all but the upper receiver. Because just as before I even started, I didn't like the short sight radius. lol Back to square one.

When I see the stubby ones I have the same thought, I'd like it with an optic, wouldn't care for it with irons.

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice carbine, cas. Smile

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
She's loooong gone. Smile Frown

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oooh. This one here?

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...025266491?pid=490886

Cheaper than the Ace. Glad to see more people getting in on the retro repro game.

Doublestar owns Ace.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37173 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Smile Frown

I know that feeling well.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Doublestar owns Ace.

That makes sense.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Doublestar owns Ace.

Good to know. A while ago I was trying to find some AR15 pistol hardware that came on my first CMMG pistol from way back.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So I ran that by a friend who kinda got me down this retro/shorty kick and he said Doublestar bought Essential Arms who made the first repros.

Also, DoubleStar sells blems for $100, and 20% off if you create a new account on their site.

https://doublestarusa.com/web-kit-special-blem.html

Also, 8FW25 Prudent RAS for the 6933 inbound.