SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Info/opinion on DD M4A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info/opinion on DD M4A1 Login/Join 
posted
I am not really into long guns, I have owned a POF renegade for several years and rarely shoot it.
An friend of a friend is offering a DD M4A1
He is the original owner, purchased it 5 years ago and supposedly shot around 500rds. Looks good in pics.

I am kinda interested in it, I know DD stuff is generally pretty solid.
How about this particular model? What is it worth?

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a run of the mill cabine 16" with the m4 feed ramps?

with basic stock $600-700 used? MTCW anyways.

Good luck

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
offering a DD M4A1
He is the original owner, purchased it 5 years ago and supposedly shot around 500rds.

It's a good rifle. 500 rounds is minimal use, meaning that the rifle is essentially just broken in. IMO the only downside is the quad rail. Mlok rails are lighter & better, but DD's replacement version is expensive.

A new DD M4A1 supposedly retails for a little over $2k. A used one will be definitely less, but maybe not a whole lot less. Start with a low offer and go from there.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If you're not shooting your Renegade very often, I doubt you'll find anything "better" about the M4A1. Assuming he hasn't changed anything, you're going back to a harder to clean phosphate bcg, a milspec trigger, a pin and welded muzzle device that you'll have to take to a gunsmith to change, and an almost full length quad rail that's going to put weight at the wrong end of the rifle making it more front heavy that normal.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies

I think $600-700 is a bit low on it
It’s the socom model and seems like retail on it was around $2200

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
I am not really into long guns, I have owned a POF renegade for several years and rarely shoot it.
An friend of a friend is offering a DD M4A1
He is the original owner, purchased it 5 years ago and supposedly shot around 500rds. Looks good in pics.

I am kinda interested in it, I know DD stuff is generally pretty solid.
How about this particular model? What is it worth?

I have a DD M4A1 SOCOM with a 14.5 P/W barrel. The thing shoots lights out for me.

Match .223 ammo and a NF scope at a hundred yards and I’ll hold 3/4 inch from a bag. IMI M193 holds around 1 3/4 inches for me.

Add in an H2 buffer and there’s very slight recoil.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I carried one at work for several years. It was a shooter. The RIS II rail is bomb proof.

I’ve had issues with newer DD rifles. But, a five year old rifle will be GTG

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post