SIGforum
Info/opinion on DD M4A1

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2350001394

July 01, 2022, 07:13 PM
scsigs
Info/opinion on DD M4A1
I am not really into long guns, I have owned a POF renegade for several years and rarely shoot it.
An friend of a friend is offering a DD M4A1
He is the original owner, purchased it 5 years ago and supposedly shot around 500rds. Looks good in pics.

I am kinda interested in it, I know DD stuff is generally pretty solid.
How about this particular model? What is it worth?
July 02, 2022, 12:23 AM
old rugged cross
Sounds like a run of the mill cabine 16" with the m4 feed ramps?

with basic stock $600-700 used? MTCW anyways.

Good luck

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
July 02, 2022, 07:17 AM
fritz
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
offering a DD M4A1
He is the original owner, purchased it 5 years ago and supposedly shot around 500rds.

It's a good rifle. 500 rounds is minimal use, meaning that the rifle is essentially just broken in. IMO the only downside is the quad rail. Mlok rails are lighter & better, but DD's replacement version is expensive.

A new DD M4A1 supposedly retails for a little over $2k. A used one will be definitely less, but maybe not a whole lot less. Start with a low offer and go from there.
July 02, 2022, 09:01 AM
DanH
If you're not shooting your Renegade very often, I doubt you'll find anything "better" about the M4A1. Assuming he hasn't changed anything, you're going back to a harder to clean phosphate bcg, a milspec trigger, a pin and welded muzzle device that you'll have to take to a gunsmith to change, and an almost full length quad rail that's going to put weight at the wrong end of the rifle making it more front heavy that normal.
July 02, 2022, 01:49 PM
scsigs
Thanks for the replies

I think $600-700 is a bit low on it
It’s the socom model and seems like retail on it was around $2200
July 08, 2022, 10:16 PM
davidjinks
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
I am not really into long guns, I have owned a POF renegade for several years and rarely shoot it.
An friend of a friend is offering a DD M4A1
He is the original owner, purchased it 5 years ago and supposedly shot around 500rds. Looks good in pics.

I am kinda interested in it, I know DD stuff is generally pretty solid.
How about this particular model? What is it worth?

I have a DD M4A1 SOCOM with a 14.5 P/W barrel. The thing shoots lights out for me.

Match .223 ammo and a NF scope at a hundred yards and I’ll hold 3/4 inch from a bag. IMI M193 holds around 1 3/4 inches for me.

Add in an H2 buffer and there’s very slight recoil.
July 09, 2022, 11:50 PM
jljones
I carried one at work for several years. It was a shooter. The RIS II rail is bomb proof.

I’ve had issues with newer DD rifles. But, a five year old rifle will be GTG

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"