SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    With Geissele out as an option, who’s the next standard in triggers?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

With Geissele out as an option, who’s the next standard in triggers? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Hiperfire trigger looks interesting. Do any of you have it installed, how is it working for you? What weight springs did you use?

Posts: 546 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kho:
The Hiperfire trigger looks interesting. Do any of you have it installed, how is it working for you? What weight springs did you use?

I bought a Hiperfire EDT Enhanced Duty model (superseded now) back in 2017. Installed it with a red 5.5lb spring in a Noveske N4 carbine which has been great.
Just bought a current model Hiperfire Hipertouch EDT Designated Marksman for a DPMS LR308 (AR-10) build. Intend to use the green 4.5lb spring. Trigger contour should prove interesting.

FWIW I opted for the higher spring weight for the .223 CQC / HD carbine and lighter for the hunting / extended range .308. And no, my Hiperfire triggers are not their high end models. Both were under $100 and a huge improvement over standard mil-spec and very competitive with other brands that sell for more. IndianaBoy's comments are spot on about the engineering too.

My understanding is the Hiperfire 2 stage models that compete in the world the OP has asked about are also very very good. https://www.hiperfire.com/triggers/x2s-family/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've had a Hyperfire in my optics match rifle since they first came out, with no complaints. So long ago now I have no idea what I used. (I need to stop calling it that though since I haven't shot a match with it in a decade now) Frown

ETA: I just threw my packaging out a few weeks ago ("why am I saving this all these years?") Unable to remember the model number (other than that it was very expensive) I just went to their website. I'm SHOCKED at all the models. When I bought mine there were 2 or 3 different one. Now there's loads of them! wow.

At one time I had CMC's in everything. Wouldn't hesitate on buying them. Bought the Hyperfire just to try it. Bought a Timney recently just to try it. (that had some creep but seems to have gone away with use) What I did like about their design is no need for special pins like most unitized triggers. Of course you need a allen wrench for it, so if you're the kind that wants something they can take apart "in the field" take that into consideration (though most unitized triggers are the same)

Used other things ages ago but what they were I can't recall. Maybe I never tried the RIGHT Geissele, but I was never impressed with them. I tried a few models in people's rifles because they made me, because they were so in love with them. I was nice and polite, and I guess compared to the stock mil spec trigger they were shooting before, it WAS a big improvement. But never once did I try one and think "oh that's better that what I'm using." (which was probably CMC at the time)

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
My decision not to purchase [Geissele] products is only due to their recent handling of certain situations as a company, ...
Guess I must have missed this. What'd they do?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had never heard of Hiperfire before this thread. I am not as much a gun guy as most here, don't tinker much with aftermarket mods. Much of what i se you all do is too nuanced for my skill levels. But I have recently started lightening the springs in a couple of revolvers and a M&P 2.0 and liked the difference. Watched a couple of you tubes on changing the trigger group and it is not hard. I am going to try a Hiperfire with one of my ar's.

Posts: 546 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am going to try a Hiperfire with one of my ar's.

Bought both of mine from Joe Bob Outfitters. 5% Military discount. Free shipping > $90. And very fast processing and delivery. I'm a fan.
https://www.joeboboutfitters.c...rch=hiperfire&ID=301

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
My decision not to purchase [Geissele] products is only due to their recent handling of certain situations as a company, ...

Para's post here in response to their COVID mandate policy BS, which they were forced to backtrack because of the reaction they got. "Yeah, well, too late. I don't ever again want to hear about that company yammering about "freedom".
:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...340005094#1340005094

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks, bald1.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Para's post here in response to their COVID mandate policy BS, which they were forced to backtrack because of the reaction they got. "Yeah, well, too late. I don't ever again want to hear about that company yammering about "freedom".
:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...340005094#1340005094

So very hard to keep up with who we are boycotting week in and week out.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Mines not even about their Covid stuff. I believe they straight up price gouge and treat customers like shit now days when customer point out things. I believe the owner to be an egotistical man who refuses to admit wrong doing.

I think they believe they are bigger than their customer base and that doesn’t sit right with me.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6256 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
LaRue or Timney Impact

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So very hard to keep up with who others we are boycotting week in and week out.

Edited...just cuz

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend has a hyperfire and it’s one hell of a nice trigger. But my Rise Armament was half the money and not all that far off. If your looking for a good but affordable trigger look at rise armament

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you have any idea how tired I am of hearing this crap? That shit has been posted here I don't how many times, including twice in the past two days, with one member having second thoughts about his post and subsequently deleting it. That was a wise move.

And do you know the worst possible time to post this tired shit in this forum? The answer is, when you're referring to a post of mine.

Keep up, don't keep up. Participate, don't participate. I don't particularly care. What I do care about is a member interfering with me advising forum members of some slimy bullshit being pulled by a manufacturer who spouts off all the time about "freedom".

I don't want to hear this shit anymore, from any member of this board, at any time and under any circumstances. Anyone who can't "keep up" needs to keep it to themselves. People vote with their dollars. Don't interfere with the campaigning.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGthusiast
posted Hide Post
LaRue for 2 stage, Hiperfire for single stage. I really liked the LaRue single stage until they quit making them.

One of my buddies is a Geissele guy. Honestly can't see any benefit to the extra $150 he spends over the LaRue.

-St

"There can be no real peace while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us. We're at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it's been said if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening. Well I think it's time we ask ourselves if we still know the freedoms that were intended for us by the Founding Fathers." -Ronald Reagan, 1964

Posts: 337 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
BCM PNT feels analogous to the ALG ACT, in my experience. I have half ACT and half PNT in my rifles and the break feels similar. The only oddball I have is a “Spikes Battle Trigger” from over 15 years ago. It feels crisp like the other two, but the take up isn’t as buttery.

I get that this is like pizza toppings, but I’ll sing the praises of the BCM PNT all day long.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
TriggerTech Diamond. I was and will always be a big fan of the Geissele SD3G triggers but have moved away from them lately (not for any political reasons per se). After shooting a TriggerTech in a bolt gun and an AR-15, I was sold. I've been putting them in all my recent builds/purchases. I ruined one by mistake and their customer service was outstanding--had a new one on the way the next day, no questions asked.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGthusiast
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:
TriggerTech Diamond. I was and will always be a big fan of the Geissele SD3G triggers but have moved away from them lately (not for any political reasons per se). After shooting a TriggerTech in a bolt gun and an AR-15, I was sold. I've been putting them in all my recent builds/purchases. I ruined one by mistake and their customer service was outstanding--had a new one on the way the next day, no questions asked.

I really wanted to like the TriggerTech. My only gripe is the weak reset. Mine found a permanent home in my bench rest AR. Excellent for that purpose.

-St

"There can be no real peace while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us. We're at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it's been said if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening. Well I think it's time we ask ourselves if we still know the freedoms that were intended for us by the Founding Fathers." -Ronald Reagan, 1964

Posts: 337 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have 2 cmc triggers. Waited until they went on sale and replaced them in two ARs.

I have a timney Calvin elite in a Remington 700.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I use one in a rifle that I use for 3 gun competitions. It works great. Tons and tons of rounds downrange with it. They are a little more difficult to install than a standard trigger. IMHO they are worth the effort.

There are plenty of great triggers on the market, I have tried many (most?) of them.

IMO the Hiperfire is in the top of the heap. I don't like claims of 'absolute best' because that can be very subjective. I am confident that you will not be disappointed.

I used the light springs that came with mine and it has never failed to ignite a primer and I reload some of my ammo with the harder cup CCI #41 mil-spec primers.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post