SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    With Geissele out as an option, who’s the next standard in triggers?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

With Geissele out as an option, who’s the next standard in triggers? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Funny we should be talking about triggers. I just replaced the Jewell trigger in my F-TR match rifle with a Bix'N Andy trigger. Iwas shooting it for the first time at the 1000yard match this weekend.

Awesome trigger, set to 1 ounce. It's a bit expensive but I think well worth.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
Funny we should be talking about triggers. I just replaced the Jewell trigger in my F-TR match rifle with a Bix'N Andy trigger. Iwas shooting it for the first time at the 1000yard match this weekend.

Awesome trigger, set to 1 ounce. It's a bit expensive but I think well worth.

Yikes! And here I thought my vintage 2 ounce two stage Canjar trigger on my old M70V varmint rig was light! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Canjar, now there's a name I have not heard in a long time.

IIRC, the Canjar was a set trigger, not a two stage trigger.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Awesome trigger, set to 1 ounce.

For your purposes, I get it. But still, that's nuts. Eek

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Canjar, now there's a name I have not heard in a long time.

IIRC, the Canjar was a set trigger, not a two stage trigger.

You're correct... my terminology screw up!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Awesome trigger, set to 1 ounce.

For your purposes, I get it. But still, that's nuts. Eek

You sound just like my gunsmith friend who checked it for function. Wink

But as I explained, I never put my finger in the trigger guard until I'm about to take the shot. I have been shooting that rifle for 10 years now at countless matches and it has over 30,000 rounds through it. I am so familiar with, and used to it, that when I shoot another rifle, like any of my ARs (-10 or -15), the trigger on them is soooo HEAVY, even though they are all Geissele for the most part.

But a trigger like that is totally useless for any other kind of shooting besides F-class or Benchrest.

I apologize to the OP for the slight thread detour.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Not at all, I’m learning at this point.

Wondering how a 1/16th lb trigger in a pocket carry j-frame would work…but otherwise I’m just learning Smile

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ll admit I was/am lost on what they did too. I’ll hit the google and look around here and getup to speed.

As for the OP, I’ve got a couple of wilson drop ins that are on par with the other top names.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ruger357 let me know what you found out, I'm lost as well.

In any event, my current go to is the LaRue.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Not at all, I’m learning at this point.

Wondering how a 1/16th lb trigger in a pocket carry j-frame would work…but otherwise I’m just learning Smile

It's actually insane to have a trigger set up like mine on ANYTHING except an F-class or Benchrest rig. The trigger does not even have a safety. Once cocked, if you just look at it, or say its name, it releases. The rifle is way too heavy to shoot unsupported and it has no magazine; it's a single shot rifle.

I have one AR with the unmentionable 2-stage trigger set to a total on 3.5 pounds and I think that's light enough. My National Match AR-15 has a 2-stage at about 5 pounds. The minimum you can have by the rules, is 4.5 pounds. Last time I was at Camp Perry, 2005, they would weigh the triggers by the simple expedient of cocking the trigger (whatever rifle you brought) and using the trigger to pull a weight with a long wire and hook sticking straight up. It the rifle could lift the weight without the trigger releasing, you were good to go. If the trigger released, you had to get it fixed. There used to be a place during the Nationals where USMC armorers would fix your trigger. It's been 17 years and my memory plays tricks on me now.

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Which Hiperfire are you guys using? The EDT, Hipertouch, or X2S models?

I'm trying to pick a trigger to top off my Aero M5. Was thinking in the $100-150 range should suffice, since it's more of a <500 yd range gun/ hunting rifle.

I was looking at Timney Impact, Elfman SE, a couple Rise Armament, and other triggers in that range I mentioned.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGthusiast
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Which Hiperfire are you guys using? The EDT, Hipertouch, or X2S models?

I'm trying to pick a trigger to top off my Aero M5. Was thinking in the $100-150 range should suffice, since it's more of a <500 yd range gun/ hunting rifle.

I was looking at Timney Impact, Elfman SE, a couple Rise Armament, and other triggers in that range I mentioned.

For single stage I use the EDT-DM or EDT-HG.

-St

"There can be no real peace while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us. We're at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it's been said if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening. Well I think it's time we ask ourselves if we still know the freedoms that were intended for us by the Founding Fathers." -Ronald Reagan, 1964

Posts: 337 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I bought a La Rue MBT-2S a week ago. Liked it so much that I bought a 2nd one this past Thursday. La Rue is in Leander, Texas and I am in Houston. I got UPS ground on both triggers and had them the next day.

Forgot to mention that I have a Rock River 2 stage also; It would be hard to pick between the 2 IMO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: papaac,

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post