SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have direct experience with one of Radian's ARs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have direct experience with one of Radian's ARs? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
This is more a curiosity thing than "I'm going to throw down beaucoup bucks to sit on a waiting list".

Just interested to see if anyone here actually has one or has shot one.

Seems like a great rifle, but more expensive than a Wilson Combat and equally priced to a GA Precision rifle (yes, I know, different purposes). Is it the equal of those other rifles at a similar dick-punch price point?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with a Radian AR. I have seen one of their fancy lowers in person, but didn't get enough hands-on to have an opinion. I noticed you used Wilson Combat as a comparison; I haven't shot a Wilson, but my LGS has been sitting on one for a while now; I am sure it's a reliable and accurate gun, but there is nothing about it, that one can glean from handling it, that even remotely justifies the price. I know the Radians have some "features" that likely justify their price tag, as compared to a Wilson, assuming the core components are of equal quality.

Posts: 2137 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was about to buy a $400 ADAC lower. I use Radian parts on almost all my AR pattern guns - Talon selector, Raptor charging handle, Detent Pins, QD end plate, release button). But with the Talon, a Norgon Ambi-Catch and a standard bolt stop, an AR is pretty well set up for a left handed use. The ADAC feature is cool but not as useful to operate it left handed. So for now I may stick with my Aero M4E1 lowers.

That said, I do not like the proprietary upper and handguard that much. I like the option to use any handguard I want, and proprietary barrel nuts are OK as long as the upper is standard.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post