SIGforum
Anyone have direct experience with one of Radian's ARs?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1720034884

January 12, 2022, 02:02 PM
Oat_Action_Man
Anyone have direct experience with one of Radian's ARs?
This is more a curiosity thing than "I'm going to throw down beaucoup bucks to sit on a waiting list".

Just interested to see if anyone here actually has one or has shot one.

Seems like a great rifle, but more expensive than a Wilson Combat and equally priced to a GA Precision rifle (yes, I know, different purposes). Is it the equal of those other rifles at a similar dick-punch price point?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
January 12, 2022, 03:42 PM
KSGM
I have no experience with a Radian AR. I have seen one of their fancy lowers in person, but didn't get enough hands-on to have an opinion. I noticed you used Wilson Combat as a comparison; I haven't shot a Wilson, but my LGS has been sitting on one for a while now; I am sure it's a reliable and accurate gun, but there is nothing about it, that one can glean from handling it, that even remotely justifies the price. I know the Radians have some "features" that likely justify their price tag, as compared to a Wilson, assuming the core components are of equal quality.
January 16, 2022, 12:09 PM
Lefty Sig
I was about to buy a $400 ADAC lower. I use Radian parts on almost all my AR pattern guns - Talon selector, Raptor charging handle, Detent Pins, QD end plate, release button). But with the Talon, a Norgon Ambi-Catch and a standard bolt stop, an AR is pretty well set up for a left handed use. The ADAC feature is cool but not as useful to operate it left handed. So for now I may stick with my Aero M4E1 lowers.

That said, I do not like the proprietary upper and handguard that much. I like the option to use any handguard I want, and proprietary barrel nuts are OK as long as the upper is standard.