SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MCX Spear Available Now
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCX Spear Available Now Login/Join 
Picture of blackwaterp226
posted
https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-spear.html

Wow, the MCX Spear is available now. Who's going to get one. I know I will.

Posts: 257 | Location: Deep South | Registered: May 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d like one but waiting to see what 6.8x51 availability looks like.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
With an MSRP of $7999 I’m definitely going to have to pass.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

But it includes two boxes of ammo and a suppressor.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Tow boxes of ammo? That’s a bargain, then.

Posts: 17107 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only $8K. For that we should get the 308 barrel as well. Many of us will likely buy one. We probably have a year or two to save up knowing SIG

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Early adopter on a Sig rifle. Noticeably higher price than comparable types of rifles on the market. Early adopter on a new cartridge -- IIRC one that uses chamber pressures that are supposedly greater than traditional SAAMI specs.

I cannot imagine how this could go anything but swimmingly well....

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not me. Its sig. it will not go well for the first round of production. and likely the second as well.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10991 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Early adopter on a Sig rifle. Noticeably higher price than comparable types of rifles on the market. Early adopter on a new cartridge -- IIRC one that uses chamber pressures that are supposedly greater than traditional SAAMI specs.

I cannot imagine how this could go anything but swimmingly well....

It's a special edition from the military contract, not the standard civilian pricing. That $8000 price tag doesn't reflect what the actual standard civilian models will cost.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I would buy two. But I am not a select dealer so, I will not be holding my breath. Hell I'd be happy if I could just get a first gen SCAR 16 or 17.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1186 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Eight thousand dollars

Sure thing Roll Eyes

We're supposed to take this seriously? Why not eighty-thousand dollars? Why not make it an even 100K?

Posts: 107481 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

yeah, holy crap! Maybe if i win the lotto or something. Until then only in my dreams.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Someone has lost their mind and it's not me.

posted Hide Post
Does it come with a "Challenge Coin"?

Because those coins are worth a lot.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Does it come with a "Challenge Coin"?

Because those coins are worth a lot.

Nah, you gotta wait for the super secret squirrel special edition of the rifle for that. That one has FDE sights and bolt and a former Navy SEAL once looked at a picture of the shipping box.

Oh and the magazine on that one is going to be proprietary so it won’t fit any of the previous models.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
"Available Now" and 8K???

I doubt they will be hitting our gun store shelves anytime soon, wont be holding my breath.

That price tag is up there. Paired with 2 more tax stamps and the NFA wait times... tough pill to swallow to get your hands on this guy.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
We get to pay military prices too!

Come on Sig. 308 and a barrel length to keep the govt off our back. And let's get below $2500. You can do this.

Unless of course, 277 Fury production ramps up to the level of 308 and comes in about a buck a round. Then I'd love to have one. Although, the skeptic in me is wondering why we took a cartridge to 60K PSI then shortened the barrel to 13, but I digress. Maybe that's the sweet spot.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6961 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carnac the Magnificent has returned from the great beyond, divining a 2026 conversation with MCX Spear and GAP10 rifle owners, after 4 years of use.

Cost:

Spear – Funds were a little tight after picking up the Spear, so I put on a Super Sniper 2-10x scope. All told $8.5k total. Not bad.

GAP10 – Took some shopping, got it in 6.5 Creedmoor. Nightforce ATACR 4-20x scope, Thunderbeast can, sling, and case. $8,500. Sucks, man.

Accuracy:

Spear – When I throw out the called flyers, I shoot sub-MOA all day long, when I do my part. At 100 yards. Loves this rifle.

GAP10 – Can’t get my handloads to shoot any better than 1/2 MOA at 600-ish yards. Factory ammo is worse, maybe 3/4 MOA at 600. Sucks, man.

Barrel life:

Spear – So far, so good. Maybe 700 to 800 rounds down the pipe. My gunsmith says the lands are showing wear, throat has some cracking. Not concerned, however. Sig says they should have replacement barrels available within the next year or two. Hopefully.

GAP10 – I’ve shot out 4 Bartlein barrels so far in PRS competition. Getting only 3500 rounds per barrel, then they crap out. Thinking of going to Bartlein’s BB steel, maybe will get 5000 rounds each. Pain in the ass switching barrels. Have to adjust powder charge by .1 to .2 grains with each new barrel to attain the same MV. Seeing POI shifts of 1/4 MOA or so each time I change out a barrel. Sucks, man.

Reliability:

Spear – Pretty good. I can usually get through a couple of mags without a jam. The hot ammo pops primers here and there, cases can be difficult to extract. Learning how to unjam the rifle has been a fun learning experience.

GAP10 – The damn rifle flings spent cases. Lost more than a few of my favorite Lupua cases in cracks between rocks in matches. Sucks, man.

Ammo:

Spear - Can be challenging to get the ammo from Sig, but I just plan ahead and buy a couple of boxes at a time. If things get bad, I can always buy from Alamo Ammo at $4 per round.

GAP10 - Component prices have dropped a bit over time, and handloads are still under a buck each. Frickin' price gouging for factory ammo, for lost-case matches, where we can't pick up spent cases -- almost $2 a round. Sucks, man.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Carnac the Magnificent ....

Big Grin

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47396 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The thing is an obscenity, and it's an insult to SIG's faithful.