SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MCX Spear Available Now
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCX Spear Available Now Login/Join 
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
I was an early adopter of the MPX because of the promise of modularity with caliber conversions. I've yet to see any other calibers.

Fool me once.......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3931 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I got an email today and they were selling HK 308 rifles for $3999. I'd much rather have that than this overpriced by three times Sig rifle. I hope they sell exactly 4 of them. Idiot pricing.

Posts: 6288 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I'll wait for Gen III to be released in 6 months before buying

Posts: 2569 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Idiot pricing.
Yeah, I just cannot imagine what's going through their minds to pull this shit. I guess the "SIG sells everything it makes" mantra has gotten to them. SIG may sell everything they make, but that doesn't mean they don't end up selling some of it at a heavily discounted price. Perhaps this will end up at CDNN for $1299.

In the meantime, could someone please offer up an explanation as to why this thing is worth anywhere near 8000 bucks? Roll Eyes

He claims on Tuesday that what he said on Monday needed updating, with the intention of saying on Wednesday that his correction on Tuesday was also wrong, while he awaits more bookings for Thursday’s clarifications—all the while damning the ignorant mob who disseminates supposedly false information. - Victor Davis Hanson, speaking about Anthony Fauci

Posts: 96401 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I got an email today and they were selling HK 308 rifles for $3999. I'd much rather have that than this overpriced by three times Sig rifle. I hope they sell exactly 4 of them. Idiot pricing.

Sig Spear 8K .. .with a suppressor.

H&K $3995..

Three timews????

Meanwhile, anyone that thinks that this will be a "high volume" item is crazy. It's and SBR that includes a suppressor. Two tax stamps and a 90 day wait at best.

Wonder if these same people laughed at the limited release of actual M17's a while back. Most were bought up by company employees and today they are worth four times the sale price or more.

Funny how people think that this will be a standard item mass produced.

quote:
FN M249S® PARA
Available for commercial and law enforcement.

MSRP: $10,499

Wonder how many FN sold?

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5669 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wonder how many FN sold

as far as I can tell everyone they made.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 9865 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I thought I was crazy when I bought my 249S for $6200.00 but 8k is way more than I will spend.

Posts: 1119 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blhar15
posted Hide Post
$8,000 for a rifle with new caliber that no one will be making ammo for a couple of years in any quantity. They include two boxes of ammo, so you can shoot it 40 times, then it is just a big club.

I think I will wait on the 7.62 NATO version

Posts: 33 | Location: Iowa | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post