SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Anyone know where I can find 9mm ammo?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know where I can find 9mm ammo? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Again, SG Ammo has been showing 9mm ammunition in stock. And again, again, not inexpensive, but available.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, indeed it's there, averaging right around 70 cents per round. Same sorts of loads that we were just selling at 40 cents per (115gr Blazer Brass - limit one).

They also have some supersonic 300BLK which is what brought me there in the first place. A little more than double the price per round that we were last selling the stuff for. Oh well...

-MG

Posts: 1921 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
I have had multiple orders backordered at Optics Planet and some go back as far as late August.

That sounds about right for Optics Planet.
I believe the term to describe them is "Drop Shipping".

Posts: 7313 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I have an order placed with Lawmen's since June, I have checked a few times they say same thing: sorry it is taking so long. I'm fine with it as long as it gets here. I actually bought it for my MIL but ended up finding her some from somewhere else, its only a small order 150 gold dots and 300 Speer TMJ.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
And again, SG Ammo has been showing some in stock periodically, including just now.

I realize that the original question included the caveat “… that is not price gouging?” but if the prices have been at a certain level for 10 months and will probably only go up in the future, when does it stop being “gouging” and become the norm?

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Eek

1000 Rounds of 9mm Luger 124 Grain FMJ NATO Military Spec Ammo Made by CBC / Magtech in M2A1 Ammo can

Sealed Primers, 2020 dated NATO head stamp (reads as CBC 9x19 NATO 20), Non-magnetic Projectile

1-time opportunity at military contract leftovers. This ammo is not normally imported to the USA due to higher standard cost, but with an elevated market price in the USA currently they shipped it here to move the contract leftovers

"ONLY" $869.50/1000-rd can

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4556 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Eek

1000 Rounds of 9mm Luger 124 Grain FMJ NATO Military Spec Ammo Made by CBC / Magtech in M2A1 Ammo can

Sealed Primers, 2020 dated NATO head stamp (reads as CBC 9x19 NATO 20), Non-magnetic Projectile

1-time opportunity at military contract leftovers. This ammo is not normally imported to the USA due to higher standard cost, but with an elevated market price in the USA currently they shipped it here to move the contract leftovers

"ONLY" $869.50/1000-rd can

ONLY $.87 a round my ass, I was just asked to be in a local group buy for $.50 a round.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:

ONLY $.87 a round my ass, I was just asked to be in a local group buy for $.50 a round.

Is this buy open to your SF Brethren?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4556 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t buy the story that most vendors say about not gouging on their ammo...I have been buying direct from Federals website and last order was Fed 124gr and 115gr range ammo for $22.99 a box or $.46 a round. If Federal sells to the general public for that price I would think that vendors get it for less than that.
There is a 2 box limit on each gr 9mm range ammo so I usually get 115gr, 124 gr, .22,or 22mag so my order is over $149.00 and then it is free shipping.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
I don’t buy the story that most vendors say about not gouging on their ammo...I have been buying direct from Federals website and last order was Fed 124gr and 115gr range ammo for $22.99 a box or $.46 a round. If Federal sells to the general public for that price I would think that vendors get it for less than that.
There is a 2 box limit on each gr 9mm range ammo so I usually get 115gr, 124 gr, .22,or 22mag so my order is over $149.00 and then it is free shipping.

I've purchased Federal/American Eagle at $14.99 a box of 50 retail within the last month. That's just a fraction under $.30 a round. So that would indicate Federal is doing a bit of gouging of their own for direct consumer sales. I purchased from a local fleet supply store and I'm sure they made their usual mark up on it. Customers around here would never step foot in the door again if they dared to price gouge on ammo.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8499 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It is not gouging when prices rise due to much increased demand and lower supply. I get that people don't like the higher prices but that is the reality and it has happened more than a few times in the lase few decades though this is looking to be the worst instance. The increased prices keep the product available for when someone wants to purchase it.

Here is a recent video where mrgunsgear gives his thoughts on the outlook of ammo and firearms and related products. At about 13 minutes he starts talking about ammo and he states that he "hopes" ammo availability and pricing will get better in about 3-5 years. Eek Eek Eek

Posts: 9729 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:

he states that he "hopes" ammo availability and pricing will get better in about 3-5 years. Eek Eek Eek

Try more like 8 years......Sad to say.

Posts: 2154 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post

Just snagged these two at $14.99 a box yesterday at our local fleet store. This is not the big chain fleet supply these are small local stores. Don't know what they got going but they seem to get a pallet about once a month.

The CZ says Yum yum!! Smile

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8499 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Blazer (aluminum) for thirty cents a round fyi

https://www.basspro.com/shop/e...ID=impact&cm_soc=AFF

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Is it still a quarter? Big Grin

Posts: 4005 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
50 round of 9mm current bid of $130+$25 shipping + tax!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/890938166

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet mother of God!!! Wtf. People have gone insane!!

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
Sweet mother of God!!! Wtf. People have gone insane!!

Desperate people do desperate things.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the Early stages of the shortage (April 2020?), I ordered 2 cases of Hornady Critical Duty 9mm 135gr from Grabagun. $259/cs. They were starting to run short, and shipping was delayed! It finally shipped, FEDEX. The shipment took forever, FedEx blamed COVID, and then I got a message that it was delivered. When I got home, there was nothing at the door. I called my neighbor, but they had not seen Fedex either! The shipment disappeared, and the FeDEx signature card just said COVID! Grabagun was good about refunding my money, but the ammo was never replaced. I was adamant about the shipment being irreplaceable to FedEx, and they supposedly did an investigation , but ultimately said they could do nothing about it !

Posts: 7 | Registered: August 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madscott:
In the Early stages of the shortage (April 2020?), I ordered 2 cases of Hornady Critical Duty 9mm 135gr from Grabagun. $259/cs. They were starting to run short, and shipping was delayed! It finally shipped, FEDEX. The shipment took forever, FedEx blamed COVID, and then I got a message that it was delivered. When I got home, there was nothing at the door. I called my neighbor, but they had not seen Fedex either! The shipment disappeared, and the FeDEx signature card just said COVID! Grabagun was good about refunding my money, but the ammo was never replaced. I was adamant about the shipment being irreplaceable to FedEx, and they supposedly did an investigation , but ultimately said they could do nothing about it !

I would hope now days the vendor would double pack in a plain box.
Shipping ammo in an OEM box is like shipping a box of Rolex's or an illegal drug ~ it is going to get swiped . Frown

Posts: 22842 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post