SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Anyone know where I can find 9mm ammo?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know where I can find 9mm ammo? Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I didn't know before that Federal had a retail sales site. Any of the other major manufacturers? Hornady? (Yes, I could look myself, but sometimes the right results don't show up.)

You can buy direct from Speer, Underwood and Liberty.
What Federal does is they take your order then hand it off to Vista Outdoors, and add a 3.00 surcharge.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:

Great, thanks. I was able to find a link to the Speer sales site, and it almost made me wish I had a 25 or 32 Auto pistol to order some Gold Dot ammunition for—those evidently being the only two cartridges that ammunition is available for. Wink

I will keep it in mind for the future.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47363 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:

and it almost made me wish I had a 25 or 32 Auto pistol to order some Gold Dot ammunition for—

I should dig out the Seecamp 32 !

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it ain't cheap. but its in stock if you must:

https://globalordnance.com/bel...06110608086/?afmc=1h

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AmmoSeek is currently showing 100+ sources for 9mm, and it's not entirely Tula & Wolf. I saw some American Eagle, Winchester, Blazer Brass, & Speer, though it's not cheap.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger

If you see what you need - or want - do not hesitate to buy.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Shark Coast Tactical has plenty, but it ain’t cheap. He does say on Facebook to call, he has more that’s not listed on the website.
https://www.sharkcoasttactical.com

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AR15 classifieds has decent prices at times. I have picked up 9mm and 7.62 recently

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I just posted this in another thread:
SG Ammo has more 9mm training ammunition in stock than I’ve seen in some time. It’s as expensive as what people are complaining about, but it’s there.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47363 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been buying ammo from Federal lately. There is a 2 box limit on most of the 9mm and shipping is free over $149.00 so I usually pick up 9mm, .22 LR, .22 magnum and on occasion 5.56 to get free shipping. You have to check Federals website often as they add inventory fairly often. Been ordering often and it is cheaper than most vendors

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
Dunno if they have Academy Sports stores up near you all, but the local one had Winchester 9mm NATO for $15 per 50.

I know, still inflated, but not as bad as a couple months ago.

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tonelar:
Dunno if they have Academy Sports stores up near you all, but the local one had Winchester 9mm NATO for $15 per 50.

I just bought 400 rounds at the same price. Just under 30 cents around. I believe that to be the normal mark up from the retailer. Their prices from the wholesaler have increased. Most online places are at least 50 cents a round and that is the inflated price imo. 30 cents a round is about as good as you are going to see for quite sometime I think.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tonelar:

That ain’t bad today.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Cabelas in Hamburg,PA has Blazer Brass-9mm-115gr for $15/50; 5-box limit

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4559 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Columbus Ohio residents. Cabelas has Herters for $27 for 100 rounds. 151 for 500 rounds right now. Just left they had a stack

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Well I don't know if it's a sign things are turning around but again my local small town fleet store had Blazer Brass, Federal and American Eagle 9mm in stock and some CCI .22lr
The 9 was $14.99 a box and the CCI was like $2.59 or something.

Limit of two boxes but you could buy two boxes of each kind. The wife happened to be with me so we walked out with 600 rounds of 9mm and 200 rounds of CCI .22
Just last week they had a pallet of Browning 9mm that sold out then they had this today. Maybe things are starting to loosen up?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Well I don't know if it's a sign things are turning around but again my local small town fleet store had Blazer Brass, Federal and American Eagle 9mm in stock and some CCI .22lr
The 9 was $14.99 a box and the CCI was like $2.59 or something.

Limit of two boxes but you could buy two boxes of each kind. The wife happened to be with me so we walked out with 600 rounds of 9mm and 200 rounds of CCI .22
Just last week they had a pallet of Browning 9mm that sold out then they had this today. Maybe things are starting to loosen up?

hope you’re right

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
My LGS has plenty of Blazer Brass and Fiocchi with 2 box limit...was pleasantly surprised to see it - but still not cheap enough for me to buy, hopefully that will change before I run out of primers.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have been monitoring SG Ammo for a time and although their stock rises and falls and what’s available any particular day varies, they usually have had something that will at least go “bang.” That was true when I checked a few minutes ago.

Expensive? Yes, but I don’t know of any place that has it where it’s not expensive. So if the question is “Where?” rather than “Where can I find it at the prices it was a year ago?” that’s one place.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been monitoring SG Ammo for a time and although their stock rises and falls and what’s available any particular day varies, they usually have had something that will at least go “bang.” That was true when I checked a few minutes ago.

Expensive? Yes, but I don’t know of any place that has it where it’s not expensive. So if the question is “Where?” rather than “Where can I find it at the prices it was a year ago?” that’s one place.

I agree. It appears more than a few people regularly drive around looking for ammo at big box stores and at best end up with a couple of boxes per the limit if they are lucky. However to get a case doing it that way probably takes abut 20 trips assuming you "score" 50 percent of the time. That's a whole lot of driving/gas, time, and frustration including probably standing in line before store opens to get equivalent a case of ammo rather than just paying more and getting it delivered to your place.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had multiple orders backordered at Optics Planet and some go back as far as late August. The orders have been trickling slowly in and I got an email yesterday that 500 rounds of Win 115gr/9mm was shipping and this was my August 22 order.
OP has very slow shipping times even when lots of inventory out there...good thing is that all my backorders are locked in at the price when ordering and this 500 round order cost me $119.20 shipped to my door.
Federal still has 9mm on their website and their inventory is updated often so you have to keep checking back if none in stock.