SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Does Anyone Actually Buy Tulammo or Wolf?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Actually Buy Tulammo or Wolf? Login/Join 
Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
I run their 9mm in my Uzis with Zero issue.

However, since my Steyr AUG 9mm runs better with NATO 9mm, I've had a couple failures using Wolf so I avoid it in that one.

Will try again once that's had it's first thousand rounds.

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I've fired a few cases of wolf 7.62x39 through an sks and a few AKs over the years with no problem. Also fired several hundred rounds of Wolf .45ACP through a P220, P220EL and Ruger SR1911, also without a problem.

Ran 7-800 rounds of Tulammo in various 9mm pistols. No problems. Then it choked 3 pistols in the same range trip (shield, P320, G19). FTFeed. Dont know if I hit a new lot # or what. Still runs fine in my Ruger PCC.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
I have and will continue to buy it. No regrets here.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have used a lot (in excess of 10,000 rounds, maybe more than 20,000 rounds) as I used to shoot a lot of 3 gun, IDPA, and USPSA) of Wolf steel cased 5.56 and 9mm. It is fine. In general, I would say it was better than most cheap ammo in terms of reliability, especially in my 9mms. The only (formerly) cheap 9mm I liked better was Blazer Aluminum.

I have used less of the various other brands of commie ammo, and it was also fine.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't deserve
this CUT
posted Hide Post
My only problem with wolf is the cat piss smell.

Shoots fine though. I've had to add magnets to my brass sorter to keep them out of rotation though.

"If somebody says there ought to be a law there probably ought not." - Penn Jillette

Posts: 5246 | Location: Clearwater, FL | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
My only problem with wolf is the cat piss smell.

Typical of all Russian powder. Years back a friend bought pulled 4895 equivalent Russian powder. Had the same smell.

Years back they ran tests at the Sig Academy using steel cased ammo. The wear was substantially greater. But the numbers were probably higher than the majority of owners would ever see.

I've used their primers in the past and both worked fine. Unfortunately it seems components from those areas have stopped being imported.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
No I do not.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
It's running around $0.50/rd now - I am morally opposed to using it let alone pay those prices.................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Just seen a guy pay $76 for a box of 50 Tula 9mm on one of the local online auction houses. Lots of ammo starting to show up at these auction places as people are willing to pay crazy ass prices. I must say I have been tempted to throw 500 or 1000 rounds of 9mm up for auction myself watching it go at those prices.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to use it all the time in my AK - waiting for the $220/case days to return.

Posts: 192 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've got a thousand rounds of Wolf .223 laying around the house somewhere. I'm sure it'll shoot fine.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I split a 500 round case of Wolf .45ACP ball with a friend about 18 months ago and it shot fine in my G21, so I bought another thousand rounds of it. Then I sold the G21 and my SA 1911 so I'm currently without a .45ACP. I'm on the notification list for a new DW 1911 to come available. I'm a little less enthusiastic about using steel case stuff in that, so when I get it I'll probably reserve the Wolf for "when I run out of everything else" and shoot mostly reloads in it.

The same friend has shot several thousand rounds of Wolf and Tula 9mm in his Glocks and Sigs with no issues at all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! In a variety of calibers. It used to be cheaper than anything, but before the crisis the price of brass ammo was so close, the steel lost out in most calibers.

I also read something on the internet (Lucky Gunner?) that indicated the FMJ caused increased barrel wear, but at much higher volume than I will ever shoot.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post