SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Possible scammer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible scammer? Login/Join 
Picture of pepsiblue
posted
Yes, I posted a wtb ad. Not sure how they got my email without being a member, but something feels off. Claims to be a member, and gave me his member name, and a few other pieces of info. Not really sure how to verify tho? I have his member name, but the email he wants to use for PP is different than the one we have been communicating with. Can a mod contact me via email?

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They can sign up to gain email addresses.
Having a different email for PP happens on a pretty regular basis.

Have you googled both email addresses?
With and without the words; scam/scammer?
What's their posting history look like, join date?
Can you obtain a phone number and have a chat?

Whatever you do (since it feels off), trust your gut and don't proceed without verification from para.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pepsiblue:
Can a mod contact me via email?
Almost 15 years you've been here. You can and should contact me, not the other way around. My email address is in my profile. Send me the details, please.

You haven't gone through with this transaction, have you?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post