SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Permissions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Permissions Login/Join 
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted
I tried to access a member's profile to obtain his/her email address. Apparently, I need permission to do this? Am I entitled?

Thanx,
Buster

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
No one is. Member profiles are closed for everyone. The only way to do it is to find a post they've participated in, then click on their name and select 'view public profile'.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
No one is. Member profiles are closed for everyone. The only way to do it is to find a post they've participated in, then click on their name and select 'view public profile'.

I have no issue seeing Pyker's profile by the method above.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buster30290:
I tried to access a member's profile to obtain his/her email address. Apparently, I need permission to do this? Am I entitled?
Try it now. If it still doesn't work, log out of your account, log back in to it, and then try it.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
(unless) Buster is talking about clicking on the "Go" button and selecting "Member Directory", that has been turned of for several years.

Any member signed in can see a member's profile by clicking on their avatar and selecting from the dropdown menu.

Ah, my slow keyboard pecking again...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason, he didn't have the permission which allows access to view profiles.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I should have been more specific in my post.

Thanka, Para, it's working just fine now.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post