SIGforum
Permissions

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550601935/m/6050017094

March 28, 2022, 08:45 AM
Buster30290
Permissions
I tried to access a member's profile to obtain his/her email address. Apparently, I need permission to do this? Am I entitled?

Thanx,
Buster

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......
March 28, 2022, 09:47 AM
Pyker
No one is. Member profiles are closed for everyone. The only way to do it is to find a post they've participated in, then click on their name and select 'view public profile'.
March 28, 2022, 10:08 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
No one is. Member profiles are closed for everyone. The only way to do it is to find a post they've participated in, then click on their name and select 'view public profile'.

I have no issue seeing Pyker's profile by the method above.

The Enemy's gate is down.
March 28, 2022, 02:56 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by Buster30290:
I tried to access a member's profile to obtain his/her email address. Apparently, I need permission to do this? Am I entitled?
Try it now. If it still doesn't work, log out of your account, log back in to it, and then try it.
March 28, 2022, 02:58 PM
sigmonkey
(unless) Buster is talking about clicking on the "Go" button and selecting "Member Directory", that has been turned of for several years.

Any member signed in can see a member's profile by clicking on their avatar and selecting from the dropdown menu.

Ah, my slow keyboard pecking again...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
March 28, 2022, 03:07 PM
parabellum
For whatever reason, he didn't have the permission which allows access to view profiles.
March 28, 2022, 03:51 PM
Buster30290
Sorry, I should have been more specific in my post.

Thanka, Para, it's working just fine now.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......