SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Time Stamps and 'Last Post' List Order Are Screwed Up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time Stamps and 'Last Post' List Order Are Screwed Up Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted
Something has screwed up the Last Post List Order in two Sub-Forums (The Lounge and SIG Pistols). It appears that either for a short time, or currently (not really sure how the forum software works), the clock for 'time stamping' of last post sorting was set to GMT. As a result there are a number of post stamped with times that have not yet occurred (8:00 AM hour timeframe) based on the 'Community Time'.

The earliest occurrence seems to somewhat correlate to the following post in the Cat vs. Fox thread time stamped 8:20 AM even though the following post is time stamped 1:20 AM: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...200032094#2200032094

Though there are posts earlier 8:00 hour timestamps, the 1:20 AM time stamp immediately following of the referenced/linked post seems to point to when this 'time change' issue occurred.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention...And once again, THANK YOU for SIGforum! Wink

ETA - The earliest post that has a time stamp affected by this issue is the following post by 'darthfuster' in the 'Anyone else have a phobia of throwing up...' thread, which has a time stamp of 8:08 AM:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...000032094#8000032094

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Interesting observation. Good eyes nhracecraft!

NewtoSig’s post:
posted March 10, 2022 08:20 AM

David Lee’s following post:
posted March 10, 2022 01:20 AM

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Not sure if Para did something, or that the issue self-corrected now that we are beyond 8:20 AM CST, but the thread listing based on 'Last Post' in the affected sub-forums, ad the 'Last Topic' info on the Main Page are displaying properly once again.

You are now free to move about the forum with Thread Navigation Data fully operational... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, something is screwy, there's no doubt about it. The "Registered Members" counter is incorrect, not incrementing correctly, and I even saw it go backwards in the last couple of days.

This morning, the "Online Now" counter showed a mere 44 members (and 257 guests) online at 8:30 AM Eastern, and I know good and well that that was incorrect, and it stayed at that number for the longest time. No way.

I've been in touch with our host. We'll get it resolved.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Just for another troubleshooting data point, @ 01:02 this AM I posted to a Classifieds ad that had previously been posted in back in February.

Even though I verified that my post was in place, the ad remained 5 pages back, and when checking the last member who posted in that thread, my forum screen name wasn't listed.

Checked again this AM and it is now bumped to page 1 of the Classifieds and looks right.

With the recent discussions about scammers and Classified rule changes, I thought this might have been a proactive measure by Para, and that perhaps my post first required approval, but just wanted to mention this oddity.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post