SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Anti-Virus Threat Pop Up When accessing a SigForum page
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anti-Virus Threat Pop Up When accessing a SigForum page Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted
Good morning. Just wanted to report that I received the following threat notification when trying to access the second page of a thread in the Lounge. The page will load and I only see one signature / post with a URL in it but wanted to let you know so you could look into it. Here is the link to the page in question and the snip of the threat detection from my Bitdefender:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/5570022884/p/2

Maybe it has to do with the broken image link for reloader-1?

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The image link is not broken. Chrome and your Brave browser simply won't load it, but it loads for me in Firefox. That site looks like a place being used only for data storage, but I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. Today's browsers have become annoying nannies. Some will disagree, but that's what I think.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
No worries Para. I agree about the browsers having some overbearing features but this was the first time that my Bitdefender anti-virus actually alerted me to a potential issue just for accessing a specific page on SigForum and without clicking on any links or anything so thought I'd pass it along just in case.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post