Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Sigforum K9 handler |
I had a PCSL match today that almost made me cry. The worst performance I’ve had in a long time. The results popped up on PractiScore………10/28. Considering I started looking at the bottom for my name I guess it goes to show that things aren’t as bad as they seem mid match. Signed up for the Missouri Fall Classic. ________________ People hate you. Train like it. | |||
|
| Member |
Fall Classic is supposed to be a good match. I talked to a guy at Inidana Sectional that shot it last year (the day before Indiana) and he dug it. | |||
|
| Member |
Signed up for an IDPA match on the 19th. Last time I wound up having to work. I’ve been promised that day off. Prolly gonna shoot the DWX or 2k11. Looking forward to it, again! Eight years to retirement! Just waiting! | |||
|
| Member |
Hello There has been talk at our club of a new shooting game GPA (Galactic Pistol Alliance) And possible trying to bring it to our club Any one familiar with this game, any thoughts? We have a lot of Shooting opportunities in my area I shoot a bunch of IDPA, occasionally an Outlaw Defensive Pistol match, and just shot a USPSA match last month, What do you guys think of this game? RC | |||
|
| Sigforum K9 handler |
Everything I’ve heard about GPA has been overwhelmingly positive. Basically it’s what IDPA should be. I am probably going to step on some toes, but IDPA has really failed to evolve. And they are hemorrhaging members. Yes, they have evolved some and allowed PCC, appendix carry, and optics. But, it’s still based upon 1980s and 1990s tech. As an example, the ideal BUG gun is still a Glock 26 without an optic. If you chose to shoot a common bug gun like a 43x and optic, it puts you in a higher time penalty. Matter of fact, the exact same time penalty as shooting a Glock 19. IDPA claims that it’s competing with your real world carry gear. But, they have restrictions that don’t match today’s concealed carry. GPA corrects virtually all the problems one might have with IDPA. I’m actually in hopes that GPA siphons off more of IDPAs population, it will force positive evolution for IDPA. ________________ People hate you. Train like it. | |||
|
| Member |
Yep I agree, that’s why GPA sounded interesting We have a IDPA match coming up beginning of October where we are encouraging the shooters to bring their small guns, I have already asked our IT guy to add Bug optic and CCP optic to the divisions, I believe those will be popular divisions. RC | |||
|
| Sigforum K9 handler |
There’s a 5th Saturday GPA match in October at BGSL. Probably going to drive up and check it out. ________________ People hate you. Train like it. | |||
|
| Member |
Send an update If you shoot it I think they are asking our club if November 29th is available that weekend for a GPA match as Oct 31 is our IDPA set up day, RC | |||
|
| Member |
Match tomorrow cancelled due to weather. Eight years to retirement! Just waiting! | |||
|
| Member |
Yep weather shut down a bunch of matches We had a choice of a USPSA and a IDPA match Saturday USPSA cancelled, the IDPA group likes to shoot and has good stages so we shot the IDPA match And the rain came hard and was not going to let up So we got wet, and had fun Because I shoot Revolver, rain, mud and sand can be a challenge. I was able to confirm my new gear setup worked for the conditions and I didn’t have any problems with the rain and mud this match. RC | |||
|
| Sigforum K9 handler |
What revolver, what division? ________________ People hate you. Train like it. | |||
|
| Member |
I shoot a Smith and Wesson 686- 6 shot 38/357 I shoot a lot of IDPA in the Stock Revolver Division, occasionally I’ll shoot some other games Such as Defensive Pistol Matches where the rules follow some of the IDPA book but different Or I am starting to shoot some USPSA, just for the variation and to pick up some of the speed I’ve lost over the past few years For any of the games I use the 38 loaded to about the same power factor as a 9mm Reloading is with speed loaders RC | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

