SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Shot my first steel match!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot my first steel match! Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted
What a blast!
Way faster paced than the regular USPSA matches I'm used to. I'm shooting a bone stock 5" M&P.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Hey, that looks (and sounds!) like fun!

A local range was recently offering a Steel Challenge beginner’s clinic that I sadly wound up having to miss - I’ve been encouraged to just show-up regardless and watch / learn / dive-in at any of their regular matches.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6690 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting, that was fast and accurate! I've shot a little bit of steel challenge at a local informal club match, and that was a lot of fun, but this looks far more dynamic. I like it!

Posts: 8422 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Dynamic steel is fun!

If it’s in the budget, check out the Berrys Steel Open in St. George, UT. It’s two days and about 600 rounds of all steel. Varies from static steel like you find in Steel Challenge events, to Par Time and Scramble stages that are more like a USPSA match. Swingers, no shoot steels, targets up to 25yrds. It runs very smoothly and is a lot of fun!

A video from this years match, not me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5OJcakysikg

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Steel matches are a lot of fun.
The best part is instant gratification when you can hear your hits on target , oh and by the way no pasting.
Have not shot steel at our club in a while, hopefully I can get back to it some day. It was so much fun.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I can only shoot steel nowadays static is nice good going sir, my knees stop me at IDPA, my balance is gone I can trip over a blade of grass or on the range I use a pebble.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Great shooting! Looks like a blast.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post