SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many pistols do you own?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How many pistols do you own? Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I can neither confirm nor deny owning pistols.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don’t know.

(Which is the correct answer and also the truth)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
ATF stands for three of my hobbies.. now to be honest I no longer play with the 'E' part.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Many

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As many as I need , not nearly as many as I want .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Originally posted by Gman010:
I have 4. Full sized and single stack for EDC (depending on season) two full size for range/nightstand.

Looking to add a Revolver to my collection sooner than later.

How about you guys?

Gman010, Welcome to the Forum

Knowing the exact number has never been important to me, so I do not count them.

No matter how many I ever own, there will always be others that I have seen that I would like to own . . . Not to mention those that I regret selling

Have you decided on what cartridge you want the revolver chambered for? Or what role you would like it to play? Target shooting, personal protection, home protection, hunting, plinking. That information will better help us make our favorites available to you

4" S&W 686. Thinking of going 6 shot over 7.

posted Hide Post
The reason I made this thread is because I have 4. Im trying to justify number 5.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
The reason I made this thread is because I have 4. Im trying to justify number 5.

Do you think members of a gun forum will discourage you from buying another gun? Confused

Do you live in a free state? Do you have the disposable income? Do you have more pressing financial needs? If you want it, you can afford it, and the price is right, that's all the justification you need.

I have a buddy who always complains about being broke at the end of each month, is chronically late on his rent, can't afford to put gas in his car, etc. Yet he is always buying ammo and shopping for guns & gun accessories. It's not my place to tell him how to spend his money, but IMHO, that's the kind of person who shouldn't be buying another gun.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
I don't talk about my personal business on an open forum ,are you from the atf?

This ^^^^^^^^!!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
pretty sure at this point justification is silly

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You need one for IWB, like a P365. Then a compact, plus a full size range gun and full size HD gun. Those four plus another four just like them for back up. Then more HD guns for places to hide them, plus truck/trunk guns. So 10 would be the minimum, unless Democrats are in the White House.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as my quantity is less than that owned in shoes & handbags by my wife, I’m good.

I suspect some of you fail that test!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:

You need one for IWB, like a P365. Then a compact, plus a full size range gun and full size HD gun. Those four plus another four just like them for back up. Then more HD guns for places to hide them, plus truck/trunk guns. So 10 would be the minimum, unless Democrats are in the White House.

This is what I need to hear.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
pretty sure at this point justification is silly

Yep. Buy what you want. The idiots in charge of the government don’t want you to own anything that goes “bang.” That’s justification enough right there.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Buy a 10mm or just wish you did.

You can get that 50 AE, but it does not make a good carry piece.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
35. Or not

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You've come to the wrong place if you want someone to talk you OUT OF getting another gun. We're a bunch of enablers when it comes to that!

If you have the disposable $, go ahead and get another. After that, the questions are what fits your hand and what fits your wallet. Sigs, Glocks, Springfields, Smith & Wessons, Colts, Rugers, Walthers... and the rest.

If you're looking for a revolver, there's nothing wrong with a nice Smith & Wesson. Mod 66's and 19's are reliable as you can get without breaking the bank. Colt revolvers are great guns too, Pythons, THE OLDER ONES! The newer ones seem to have some problems, but the older ones fetch a pretty penny and are slowly turning into "Safe Queens" (guns you rarely, if ever, use). Ruger Revolvers are as solid as a tank and reliable as well.

The question was also asked- what do you plan to do with it? Target shooting? Self / home defense? Hunting?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:

You forgot pocket carry. Woods carry. Something sexy because I am wearing a tux carry. 1911 because America damnit! carry (also Beretta 92FS and SIG 320). 22 so you can teach the kids to shoot. And on and on and on...

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OP: Only a total Dummkopf would answer that question on an open forum especially to someone with 15 posts. If you're trying to "justify" a fifth handgun, you must have tried to justify a second, third, fourth,.... Did anyone help you with those?

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Absolutely you have come to the right place to find the sort of support and encouragement that one requires for the acquisition of more and more pistoles and other things that take cheddar..
Smile

Will leave these here, just in case: