SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many pistols do you own?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How many pistols do you own? Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
No comment.

But I'll say this. Even my wife laughs now when we see a news story about the police discovering a so called arsenal with four guns & hundreds of rounds of ammo.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle Joe said that we only need a shotgun. Who needs pistols? Wink

Even if the BATFE did not exist, well, it seems awkward to publicly display/discuss ostentatious indications of wealth. It seems immodest, and, I would rather not tempt anyone to hack our home security system. (Folks “hacked” things long before computers became trendy.) My user name is my nickname, by which I am known in real life, and not nearly anonymous enough to consider private.

OK, I will admit owning one SIG, a .40 P229R DAK, which was my duty pistol for 11 years. I retired it in 2015, as soon as my chief OK’ed 9mm duty pistols. And, I’ll admit owning the Gen4 Glock G17, a kinder, gentler-recoiling, more-orthopedic weapon, that became my next duty pistol, after the P229R DAK.

The auto pistol I have owned the longest is a Seecamp LWS-25, that I bought in the mid-Eighties. Its firing pin broke, and was removed, so this pistol could serve as a training prop, for rookie police officers to find, during search and safety-awareness exercises.

The revolving pistol I have owned the longest is an S&W Model 58, .41 Magnum, which was my duty handgun from 1985 to 1990. “.41 Magnum” was no a typo. The S&W Model 58 was a fixed-sight, duty-oriented N-Frame revolver. Mine was a San Antonio PD duty handgun, made in 1974 or 1975, then had a second career as my personally-owned duty handgun, while working for Houston PD.

My newest-to-me revolving pistol is a Ruger SP101, customized by Marc Morganti, of Gemini Customs, for the previous owner.

The most-recent handgun, that I bought new, is my Glock G19x, after I started selling-off and trading-away smaller-gripped Glocks. If a handguns’s grip frame does not reach all the way to to the “heel bone” of my right hand, for first contact and support, it will vex the arthritis in my right thumb, hand, and wrist, if firing duty/service-level cartridges.

This is a representative sample of some of my handguns

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Not today; not tomorrow; not ever.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gman010:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
I don't talk about my personal business on an open forum ,are you from the atf?

ATF? Never heard of it....

Isn't that like the American Federation of Teachers?

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:

ATF? Never heard of it....

Isn't that like the American Federation of Teachers?

No, it's Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, a convenience store in the Southwest. Great place.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
That would be convenient.

If only they also had Diesel and Cheetos.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Several.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The number is constantly shifting… I am an impulsive collector.

Posts: 3149 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well like others I won't answer that question... but I will say about 3 years ago I got hooked on Sigs and decided to buy another one (I owned two already)... my wife is not into guns and so I was kind of keeping it a secret, or so I thought, the problem was I needed somewhere to store the factory boxes the pistols came in and I put them on a shelf over some cabinets in our food storage area... a couple of months ago I realized that I was not keeping my Sig collecting very secret when I turned around and looked at the shelf:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it's the American Teacher Federation.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What I actually have or what I tell my wife I have?

Tony

Posts: 314 | Registered: December 18, 2016Report This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
nice try ATF!!

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I’m just here for the cat pictures.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Report This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I thought they were the AFT. I am so confused. Smile

I think I have a starter pistol around here. Maybe a flare gun and of course a double barrel shotgun I use to shoot through the door. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Report This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have 4. Full sized and single stack for EDC (depending on season) two full size for range/nightstand.

Looking to add a Revolver to my collection sooner than later.

How about you guys?

Gman010, Welcome to the Forum

Knowing the exact number has never been important to me, so I do not count them.

No matter how many I ever own, there will always be others that I have seen that I would like to own . . . Not to mention those that I regret selling

Have you decided on what cartridge you want the revolver chambered for? Or what role you would like it to play? Target shooting, personal protection, home protection, hunting, plinking. That information will better help us make our favorites available to you

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My response. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
One copy of the P-series SIG that I really love.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A few. I have a SIGness, you see.

Now when it comes to ammo, I never have enough.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a bunch of really nice pistols, some quite expensive. Due to a tragic hot air balloon accident they are all gone Frown Frown

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you know you don’t have enough.

Posts: 45 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: April 14, 2021Report This Post