SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    RUGER SPEED SIX 9MM
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
RUGER SPEED SIX 9MM Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
During my early years, the Speed Six was considered the “poor mans 19”. I can’t say how many Speed Six’s I bought and sold for $100.

Good times.


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



 
Posts: 38686 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I saw one of these at the York show six or seven years back. $950 I think. Haven't seen one since. Would like to have one, even though I've sold all of my Ruger revolvers and went to Smiths. And a 547 is out of my price range for something that would mostly just sleep in my safe.
 
Posts: 4778 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I was shooting a lot of IDPA SSR in the early days when .45 Midrange was acceptable.
I was looking for a 4" Speed Six 9mm, and even considering scrounging a 9mm cylinder to put in a Security Six for the adjustable sight.
Smith .38 Super and .40 L frames were on the shopping list, too.


Then IDPA changed the rules and put in a higher power floor for clip guns to make the usual .45s work harder. That would have been tough for a smaller caliber, so I was better off not to have bought.
 
Posts: 3515 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I’ve got it’s step brother, a 3” GP100 in 10mm which has become one of my favorite revolvers.




My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
 
Posts: 12361 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I built a carrier for moon clips and purchased moon clip loading and unloading tool.
 
Posts: 147 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
...scrounging a 9mm cylinder...
That would be some mighty fancy scrounging.
 
Posts: 114934 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    RUGER SPEED SIX 9MM

© SIGforum 2026