SIGforum
RUGER SPEED SIX 9MM

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9750089125

September 09, 2026, 06:41 PM
jljones
RUGER SPEED SIX 9MM
During my early years, the Speed Six was considered the “poor mans 19”. I can’t say how many Speed Six’s I bought and sold for $100.

Good times.


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



September 19, 2026, 09:26 AM
andronicus
I saw one of these at the York show six or seven years back. $950 I think. Haven't seen one since. Would like to have one, even though I've sold all of my Ruger revolvers and went to Smiths. And a 547 is out of my price range for something that would mostly just sleep in my safe.
September 19, 2026, 10:57 AM
Jim Watson
I was shooting a lot of IDPA SSR in the early days when .45 Midrange was acceptable.
I was looking for a 4" Speed Six 9mm, and even considering scrounging a 9mm cylinder to put in a Security Six for the adjustable sight.
Smith .38 Super and .40 L frames were on the shopping list, too.


Then IDPA changed the rules and put in a higher power floor for clip guns to make the usual .45s work harder. That would have been tough for a smaller caliber, so I was better off not to have bought.
September 20, 2026, 05:31 AM
2000Z-71
I’ve got it’s step brother, a 3” GP100 in 10mm which has become one of my favorite revolvers.




My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
September 21, 2026, 11:48 AM
RFSALES
I built a carrier for moon clips and purchased moon clip loading and unloading tool.

September 21, 2026, 01:59 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
...scrounging a 9mm cylinder...
That would be some mighty fancy scrounging.