SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Romeo 1 Pro Can't Handle 9mm Recoil. Need Recommendations.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Romeo 1 Pro Can't Handle 9mm Recoil. Need Recommendations. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you skip the optics, all they are good for is making small groups at a rather sedate firing rate. For Home Defense what you want is Speed and shots on target. Note unless you are a billionaire the distances you'll be shooting at are 20 feet and less and your targets will be the size of a Human Being. This means you'll be point shooting and if you can't hit a mans chest at 20 feet with Point Shooting you really need to change your entire approach to practicing.

Fact is that for Self Defense you you not only don't need optics, you actually do NOT want optics. The reason is quite simple. In the time it takes you to draw and find that red dot a well practiced opponent will have drawn and put 4 rounds into your heart.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
You mean by the time YOU find the dot.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Sales are starting to hit and right now, EuroOptic has the Romeo 2 for $559 which is about $140 off. Needless to say, my Romeo 1 Pro is coming off and moving to my X5 while this one is going on the P320. I’ll probably hijack my own thread and provide updates on that optic here. Before November, this thing was way too much to even be an option, but now there’s the promise of having a full enclosed optic that does not need any kind of filler or adapter plate to work on my gun, and it still built that the body can be used as a rear iron sight incase the dot breaks.

It survived the Aaron Cowan/Sage Dynamics torture test and will probably be safe from me.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My off duty gun is a P320 X-Compact with a Romeo1Pro on it. It was zeroed with hot duty ammo, Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P. It still works, but the round count is insignificant.

Posts: 14 | Registered: November 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post