SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Legion 220 Optics ready
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Legion 220 Optics ready Login/Join 
posted
I have not posted in a great time and few even then on this forum. But I am in need. I own multiple Sig handguns and love them. Legion X5, P226 SAO/DA, Spectre.....

Anyway, I recently bought a Spectre comp'd gun and liked the fact the new Sigs are drilled and tapped for any optic minus a plate-AWESOME! Put a SRO on it and rolled.

Now comes the grind. I bought a Legion 220 optics ready and the drill holes to instal my Holosun 507 and screws dont match. I tested the screws at ACE and they indeed were the correct size from Holosun but chewed up my screws via the slide. I came to find out the screw holes are 6-40 not 32. I have ordered screws but find this odd since the Spectre worked like a charm.

Anyone with feedback on this crazy anomaly or heard of such? I am very frustrated and wanted to shoot this weekend but not gunna happen. Any feedback appreciated.

PB

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about Legions and don't own one, but I have read all the Pro Cut slide Trijicon holes require 6-40 screws vs the 6-32 used everywhere else.

If the Legions slide have both the R1P/DPP and Trijicon mounting holes then I guess I'm not surprised they are all threaded the same way.

Where did you order the 6-40 screws from? I want to mount an SRO to my Pro Cut slide.

Posts: 4077 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6-40 is a common thread size. It resists loosening better than 6-32.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a bunch, only option via AMAZON. Send your info and I will mail you somme if they ever come in. Said weeks away.

PB

posted Hide Post
The best source for quick service on screws IMO is McmasterCarr. shipping will hurt but the product will come quickly.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
McmasterCarr.

Anyone know if Holosun should be 1/4 or 3/8 in length. Thanks for the help guys

PB

posted Hide Post
Sig has the 6-40 in stock, I recently mounted a Romeo1 on my FNX45. It takes 5-40 with the shroud needed .35 length.The longer screws came with the shroud!

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does it mean, it takes 5-40 ? Is that a screw ? 5-40 screws ?

PB

posted Hide Post
I bought a 5-40 screw , not one that would fit but to test the threads and 5-40 screws my holes ARE NOT.

Just for anyone following with interest

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pappabear:
quote:
McmasterCarr.

Anyone know if Holosun should be 1/4 or 3/8 in length. Thanks for the help guys

PB

Stick a slender object into the hole on the slide, and check the depth. Add the depth of the screw hole and taper on the Holosun. I believe 3/8" long screws are what you will end up using.

Question on your 220 Legion. I would like to purchase a Legion 220 slide, however I believe Sig will not sell Legion parts unless the buyer purchased a Legion first. Could you ask Sig when they will sell Legion slides (to Legion owners)?

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure I will ask. I thought I saw some the other day on another website, but it was not optics ready.

I’m sure those are scarce.

PB

posted Hide Post
What website was that? I non optics ready would work, in a pinch.

-c1steve

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://chpws.com/

This is where I was directed to from SF when looking for a plate to mount a Holoson to my P320 Legion.

They have options for P229/226/320, don't see one for a 220, however they do custom plates, so if you want a plate to mount an optic that doesn't fit the sig platform, they may be able to make it for you..

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Pappabear had a line on slides, which is what I am looking for. Thanks anyways.

-c1steve

posted Hide Post
I just looked at sig web store and they have 226 legion pro cut slides for sale. FYI
And optics ready with tall sights

That is where I saw it.

PB

posted Hide Post
What I am looking for is a P220 slide, ideally the Legion version.

-c1steve

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
What I am looking for is a P220 slide, ideally the Legion version.

I was looking at the Matrix Precision website and they have one of those listed there. You would have to verify that it's listed correctly though since it's listed under the P226 section but says it's a P220 .45 slide.

https://www.matrixprecisionpar...ts-stainless-finish/

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C1steve, you may be right about Legion thing. I tried to load a slide but it didn’t show in stock until I logged in.

PB

posted Hide Post
I tried to send you an email, but did not see yours in your profile. Could you send me one, at my email that I have posted?

-c1steve

posted Hide Post
Grainger is another option for 6-40 screws. Either shipped direct to you or a local retail branch near you, if there is one.

Any of the Sig -R2 models I've come across that include the additional RMR pattern holes have been drilled and tapped by Sig as 6-40.

Posts: 346 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post