SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Legion 220 Optics ready
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Legion 220 Optics ready Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
What I am looking for is a P220 slide, ideally the Legion version.

I was looking at the Matrix Precision website and they have one of those listed there. You would have to verify that it's listed correctly though since it's listed under the P226 section but says it's a P220 .45 slide.

https://www.matrixprecisionpar...ts-stainless-finish/

Thanks for noticing this under P226 parts.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Glad I could help you spend your money. Big Grin

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Paten, I was able to spend my money. A P220 slide now on order from Matrix Precision.

A while ago I purchased a new P220, and had Gray Guns work on it. It is being converted to a .357 Sig, but Bar-Sto is so backed up we will not have a blank conversion barrel for this project for several years. I sent the slide out to CHPWS to be milled for a Holosun 507C.

However they used a plate. I am setting this pistol up to meet Canadian requirements, but still be able to CCW it. I felt that the plate and 507C was too large for this use. Thanks to SF and Paten, I now have another slide that can be machined for a Holosun 507k, which does not need an adapter plate.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigs response: FYI to those that may buy a Sig in the future.

We have started shipping some of our slides with the Trijicon RMR holes. When we tested the RMR we had to use 6-40X.41 screws to ensure a secure fit. We have a kit that has two screws and a sealing plate that is placed between the slide and bottom of the RMR to prevent excessive moisture inside the optic, linked here: https://www.sigsauer.com/seali...rijicon-rmr-sro.html.

My response to Sig:

William, thank you for your response. I think maybe you have your wires crossed or Sig just made a poor decision IMHO. Trijicon /RMR/ Holosun uses 6-32 screws (see attached). And they dominate the market so maybe you should consider sticking with the market leader in that regard.

Your Sig Pro RDS brochure says they use M4-0.7 screws which is pretty much 6-40 but listed as M4-0.7 which is very very slightly different.

I know your are just the messenger so please pass my comments to those who are making such decisions. I think most people would prefer you keep the Legion bag and coin and provide screws so they can mount an optic they bought the gun to use, maybe just me? At a minimum, put a coupon in the bag to order screws like you do for the bag and coin. Or at least put a notice in the bag/box to inform people of this cluster….so they can order the screw package.

I have spent $25 on screws via internet and two trips to ACE/ true Value trying to figure this out, and multiple post on social media searching for the facts of this case and most everyone is greatly confused. I installed my RDS last night with my internet ordered screws but I am sure not ideal.

Again, I know you are just the messenger but William, push the issue to help some people out. I am thrilled they drilled and tapped for optics minus a stupid plate, Sig did a monumentally great thing and just barely fell short and the simple cheap fix is listed above.

Thank you for your consideration.

PB

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C1Steve, congrats on tackling your problem. Osage County guns also has Legion 220 Sig slides for sell as well in case anyone else is still looking like Steve.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pappabear:
C1Steve, congrats on tackling your problem. Osage County guns also has Legion 220 Sig slides for sell as well in case anyone else is still looking like Steve.

Link please? I'm out of town and Osage's search function is wonky on phone.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am on the Osage website, found P229 Legion slides, but none for the P220.

-c1steve

posted Hide Post
I didn't find the P220 slides either. I was hoping they'd be the new versions shipping with the R2 version of the P220 Legion. I wanted the factory optic cut. I even emailed Sig customer service but they couldn't tell me about future offerings.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P220 slide I ordered from Matrix Precision came in, it is excellent. OEM Sig, new, but not coated. Sent it up to Gray Guns.

-c1steve

posted Hide Post
quote:
The P220 slide I ordered from Matrix Precision came in, it is excellent. OEM Sig, new, but not coated. Sent it up to Gray Guns.

What are you having done? I've had a Carry slide machined for a Romeo1Pro by Galloway Precision. They did fine, but do not replicate the curve at the front like Sig factory, so I'm hoping to get factory slides with optic cut, without having to buy a P220R2.

...that I will support
and defend...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
quote:

What are you having done? I've had a Carry slide machined for a Romeo1Pro by Galloway Precision. They did fine, but do not replicate the curve at the front like Sig factory, so I'm hoping to get factory slides with optic cut, without having to buy a P220R2.

Gray Guns is converting it to .357 Sig. However it will probably be 2-3 years before Bar-Sto has a chance to make a custom barrel. I am also going to have Galloway Precision cut the slide for a Holosun, as I like the green dot color, plus I prefer 2-3 moa dot size. First the barrel, then the optic cut.

-c1steve

posted Hide Post
I did get my 3rd set of 6-40 screws in today. I bought 6-40X 1/2 and they didn't bottom out.

However, the cone was a bit too large and I didn't feel like they were perfect but I vibratited them in and tomorrow I will test them out.

The .45 recoils so much I didn't feel like there is much room for the fit to be NOT perfect but I am crossing my fingers.

PB

posted Hide Post
strike 3!

I hope the C&H screws work, shit Im thinking Red Locktite.

PB

posted Hide Post
C&H screws worked for my first 10 mags I ran today. God bless America

PB