SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SHOT Show 2023
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SHOT Show 2023 Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
With the Eve upon us, I wanted to first take a moment and wish everyone a Happy New Year!

SHOT is around the corner and I expect post-Covid 2023 OEM participation will likely be high. Not sure if anyone from this great forum is attending, but if so I wanted to use this opportunity to list those items we might all be interested in learning more about.

I for one would greatly appreciate coverage of the following, if one or more members are in attendance:

Anschutz: Any improvement in shoring up the supply chain and providing additional riles to Anschutz North America? note: the supply has been underwhelming since 2020.

B&T: What is the expected launch date of the new USW-P here in the States? Will both the full size and compact models come with threaded barrels? Photos of either are appreciated, particularly the compact USW-P.

Dan Wesson: When is the DWX Compact launch date? Will it still come in 2 varieties, namely rail and no-rail? Any new features not previously mentioned in the news coverage from 2020? Photos of the Compact DWX w/o rail would be appreciated, if possible.

LWRC: Any chance LWRC will release their SMG in another caliber besides .45 in 2023? 10mm for instance? (fingers tightly crossed)

RemArms: When can we expect models besides the 870 shotgun and 700 rifle to finally be ramped up in production? Any chance the V3 Tactical might be among such? (not to be confused with the Tac-14). How is the new R&D center coming along and any new Remington firearms to speak of?

Sig: Any new P226 X5 models to be introduced in the next 12 months? Will a SA/DA model be available and what might its features be? Any chance on a standard length P226 X5 WITHOUT a rail?

Please feel free to add your SHOT interests to this thread and to those SF members that will be in attendance come Jan, I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to provide whatever intel you can.

Peace to all in the New Year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be there unless something weird happens. I'll follow this and try to see if I can get pics and info.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that you mentioned SIG... I just saw a newish video with Larry Vickers this evening and he mentioned that SIG would only be at SHOT this year for Range Day. Anyone else hear this?

Posts: 2012 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll be at Shot, but I’ve also heard Sig won’t be there again. Don’t know if that’s internet rumors or if it’s true, but I guess we’ll see when we show up

Posts: 1307 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
I’ll be at Shot, but I’ve also heard Sig won’t be there again.
Frankly, after the idiotic, animal-panicky way people and organizations behaved during the SCARY COVID nonsense, I question the value of trade shows such as this. If SIG-Sauer can promote their products and make industry connections without attending SHOT, I have to wonder if it should be done away with, or perhaps just make the entire show virtual.

Hell, I've attended the Blade show in Atlanta annually ever since it was moved here in 1992, but since the COVID horse shit, I don't give it much thought, haven't been since 2019. I just assumed it was still cancelled because somebody might get the sniffles. Roll Eyes And I'll be Goddamned if I'm going to walk around shows like that while wearing a ridiculous, useless mask.

The people in these organizations who made those cowardly decisions during the fauxdemic now must live with the consequences of those choices- decreased attendance, decreased interest. Congratulations. Great job.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
SIG is probably wise to just have the 'Range Day' operation at SHOT. It eliminates some significant overhead/marketing costs, freeing up add'l budget to use at the range, and they still get to interact directly with their key customers through offsite 'hospitality'/invite only special events if they so choose. All the real 'gun people' want to see SIG's offering at the range anyway, leaving all the quasi-experts to roam the trade show hall to their hearts content. Ultimately, there's a lot more value to entertaining customers offsite where you've got a captive audience and 100% mindshare vs. competing with the distractions of the trade show hall anyway!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8933 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
It seems these kinds of events in general are fading away. There used to be a lot of computer-related trade shows and conferences that aren't held anymore. I worked for a large company that had an event in Vegas every year and that was terminated years before covid due to cost cutting.

Posts: 4079 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I'll be there unless something weird happens. I'll follow this and try to see if I can get pics and info.

Maybe ask Glock if they are going to ever make a G43 with a G43X width mag well. Probably seven round mag, but more importantly a more hand filling grip and compatibility with the G43X/G48 line and mags. Essentially a SS CR920 but with polymer mags and Glock reliability.
It would be a hit, and give the 365 a run. But I’m not holding my breath.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in finding out if HK USA has in development anything similar in size and capacity to the P365.

Posts: 12472 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
I’ll be at Shot, but I’ve also heard Sig won’t be there again.
Frankly, after the idiotic, animal-panicky way people and organizations behaved during the SCARY COVID nonsense, I question the value of trade shows such as this. If SIG-Sauer can promote their products and make industry connections without attending SHOT, I have to wonder if it should be done away with, or perhaps just make the entire show virtual.

Hell, I've attended the Blade show in Atlanta annually ever since it was moved here in 1992, but since the COVID horse shit, I don't give it much thought, haven't been since 2019. I just assumed it was still cancelled because somebody might get the sniffles. Roll Eyes And I'll be Goddamned if I'm going to walk around shows like that while wearing a ridiculous, useless mask.

The people in these organizations who made those cowardly decisions during the fauxdemic now must live with the consequences of those choices- decreased attendance, decreased interest. Congratulations. Great job.

I agree. I think the veil has largely been lifted on whether these things are truly "necessary." I suppose the ability of people to network via actual meetings is something, but when you look at putting together a booth for $50k or $100k or more, flying a couple dozen people out there, etc., you can reach as many or more people for a product launch via the internet.

Posts: 5165 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
By the way, sincere apologies to Dakor for shamelessly hijacking his thread.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm holding out for something relatively simple; 5" P320s in 10mm and .45 with thumb safeties.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
By the way, sincere apologies to Dakor for shamelessly hijacking his thread.

I just thought it was one of those 20-year anniversary hazing things...

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I will be there, first time attendee,

IIRC, there is an antique arms show the weekend after , which I will likely walk thru as well

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10433 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be keen on B&T actually announcing the production of the BWC.

SHOT is just a show and tell trade show that's an excuse for imbibing in lots of expensive booze and even more expensive hookers.

Um...so I've been told (ahem)...having never been there...yes, really... Smile

A trade show like SHOT benefits the smaller players in the industry more than the established big boys, if only to generate buzz about what they're up to. Not everyone has marketing staff and power like SIG, Ruger, S&W, etc., that can garner the industry's attention at a moment's notice. So to me there's still a need for SHOT.

Of course the world doesn't need another R51 hoodwink, either (introduced at SHOT 2014 if I remember correctly).

-MG

Posts: 2006 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive found the ability to have a face to face conversation with certain folks in the industry leads to slightly different info vs recorded correspondence for some products.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am hoping they do something like SW CSX but SIG!!

Smaller sigpro refreshed a bit.

Sub 210 with say a P365 magazine.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I'm sympathetic to the idea of a shorter grip, but XL, please. I don't need to add to the list of SIGs that were just that hair too short for me.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I know the answer... but Gen5 Glock 17L?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
I would be so happy if they stopped this show! This will be my 25th SHOT and I'm over it!
Sig not attending is correct. Thankfully only going for 3 days this year.

Posts: 791 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post