SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SHOT Show 2023
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SHOT Show 2023 Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
PSA is showing a possible new production STG44 at their booth Eek

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
PSA is showing a possible new production STG44 at their booth Eek

Well that’s interesting. I’ve got a few PSA rifles and have had great luck with them. An STG44 would be really cool.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
An STG44 would be really cool.

It would, but some of us are still waiting for G5 AKs to be consistently available and maybe even somewhere under $1,000.

PSA likes to keep a lot on its plate and a lot of balls in the air. We shall see.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
https://palmettostatearmory.co...c-alg-rifle-fde.html

Is this what you seek, for $849?

It looks like they have a bunch of GF5s in stock with multiple furniture options, several of which are under $1000.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
PSA as in Palmetto State Armory is making an STG44 clone (as in German Sturmgewehr)????? I assume not in 8mm Kurtz???? So 7.62x39??? .223??? 5.7 since everybody seems to be chambering for that Smile Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
PSA as in Palmetto State Armory is making an STG44 clone (as in German Sturmgewehr)????? I assume not in 8mm Kurtz???? So 7.62x39??? .223??? 5.7 since everybody seems to be chambering for that Smile Razz

Calibers being talked about right now are 5.56, 300 blackout, and 7.62x39.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/202...-battlefield-stg-44/

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Henry is releasing a new 9MM carbine with a nice wooden stock and forend called the Homesteader. Adapters available for Glock/Sig/Smith&Wesson 9MM magazines.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...carbine-homesteader/

Beretta is releasing a new single action only version of the 92 called the 92Xi. They are also releasing a newer cheaper Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol tactical shotgun to compete with the more expensive 1301.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I dunno. They changed so many little things that it looks really "off" to me. An A/B with a real one shows a zillion little differences. The PSA looks blocky and chonky compared to the real thing. Then again, more guns is better than fewer guns, so I'm sure some people will love to have one. If they could just... get it closer, I'd say "where do I buy?"

The real thing:

Posts: 17191 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Henry is releasing a new 9MM carbine with a nice wooden stock and forend called the Homesteader. Adapters available for Glock/Sig/Smith&Wesson 9MM magazines.

Beretta is releasing a new single action only version of the 92 called the 92Xi. They are also releasing a newer cheaper Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol tactical shotgun to compete with the more expensive 1301.

That Henry looks awesome

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

That Henry looks awesome

Agreed, very good looking rifle

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Estimated cost of the STG44 clone?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the STG44, I had a "PTR44", one of only 200 imported by PTR from Germany and manufactured by the firm SSD there. Very authentic reproduction and in the original 7.92x33 chambering. That was about 10 yrs ago or so. The rifle unfortunately would not feed properly if more than 10 rds were loaded in the mag. That made it a lot less interesting, so I sold it to a buddy on another firearms related website who is really into WW II arms. As it turned out, he began to have issues with breakages of certain parts which turned out to be defective due to the lack of heat treating. He found a gunsmith here in the US who got the thing up and running more or less.

Supposedly SSD was supposed to import more of these into the country with properly heat treated parts. It doesn't seem to have materialize (yet), but if it pans out, maybe we'll see them again. BTW, they cost 5K around 2010 so who knows what the price will be if imported again!

Posts: 2012 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
RIA has a new 9mm Pistol it uses their RVS recoil system, to produce a flat shooting low recoil high cap firearm and it's an internal hammer fired pistol.

Link

Rock Island Armory’s RIA 5.0 is a Flat Shooting Machine — SHOT Show 2023

The RIA 5.0 is an amazing new pistol design from Armscor/Rock Island Armory.

It utilizes Rock Islands’ RVS recoil system, internal frame rails, a unique barrel design, a proprietary magazine, and an aluminum frame with a polymer grip to produce a very flat shooting, low recoil, high-capacity 9mm pistol.

The RIA 5.0 is currently available in two models; one with an installed red dot optic sight and one with installed iron sights.

The optic model comes with an installed CMore RDS and no provisions for any iron sights, while the iron-sighted model has a fiber optic front sight and a rear sight adjustable for windage and elevation, but no provision for mounting optics.

Rumor says a follow-up model is likely to have iron sights and provision for mounting a red dot. Stay tuned.

The aluminum frame is comfortable in the hand and the nylon grip texture ensures it anchors nicely into the palm. This pistol really has a clean feel and look. The only lever on the gun is the slide release.

There are no manually operated safeties except the trigger safety we have become accustomed to seeing on striker-fired pistols.

However, this is not a striker-fired pistol, there is an actual hammer that is inside the rear of the slide that falls when you pull the trigger. This gun is an amalgamation of CZ-style frame/slide rails, features commonly present on striker-fired pistols and the venerable 1911.

Specifications
Caliber 9 mm
Capacity 17 + 1
Barrel Length 4.91 inches
Weight 2.47 lbs
Overall Length 8.11 inches
Width 1.33 inches
Grip Nylon
Finish Cerakote
Sights CMore RDS or Iron sights
Rail Picatinny 1913
MSRP $998 (iron sights), $1298 with installed optic

Posts: 23535 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
RIA has a new 9mm Pistol it uses their RVS recoil system, to produce a flat shooting low recoil high cap firearm and it's an internal hammer fired pistol.
Has the definition of flat-shooting changed? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107690 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was just reading about this last night. I like the somewhat old school look, ability to put a can on it and top it with a scope if desired. The bonus, like a few other brands do as well, of using a smattering of common magazines is a great decision on their part. I'll be getting one of these for sure!

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think by flat shooting the mean reduced muzzle flip. It seems to have a very low bore axis, so this makes sense.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Has the definition of flat-shooting changed? Roll Eyes

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I think by flat shooting the mean reduced muzzle flip. It seems to have a very low bore axis, so this makes sense.
In that case, they are misusing the term, which refers to the trajectories of bullets in flight. I would expect a real gun person to know this, so the question is, who's writing this shit?

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Interesting decision to release a model with iron sights only and one with RDS only.

I like red dots on guns but I won’t use a gun for SD/HD without at least backup irons.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
so the question is, who's writing this shit?

Jeff Cramblit, a writer at Guns America, typical hype for an advertisers products and SHOT, even RIA's web page says nothing about flat shooting, since they probably know that boolits drop in flight....

Or maybe it's means the top of the gun is flat...

Still, baring the incorrect descriptor by the author, it's an interesting piece...

Posts: 23535 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
...since they probably know that boolits drop in flight....
Yes, it's probably more accurate to say "flatter shooting".

Either way, the term has nothing to do with most pistols.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023