SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SHOT Show 2023
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SHOT Show 2023 Login/Join 
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
If Surefire shows up I would appreciate if someone could ask them the status of the EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT that were supposed to come out ~April 22 and never materialized.

Thank you!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3516 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
If Surefire shows up I would appreciate if someone could ask them the status of the EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT that were supposed to come out ~April 22 and never materialized.

Thank you!

I'm a major SureFire fan, all my flashlights are made by them.

Never heard of the two you mention. What's different or unusual about them? Just curious.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:

Thank you!

I'm a major SureFire fan, all my flashlights are made by them.

Never heard of the two you mention. What's different or unusual about them? Just curious.

https://www.surefire.com/product-education/catalogs/

See page 34 of the 2022 catalog. Basically, it's an updated/throwier version of the LX2/EB2 Backup/ EDCL2T line. Gas pedal switch, press for momentary low, press harder for high, twist to lock on in low or high. More of the same, except these are supposed to be duel fuel and run on CR123s AND 18650s. I always loved that user interface, but not being able to use 18650s in their lights has been a dealbreaker for me for a number of years now.

"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."

Posts: 3516 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Okay, so it's a lower output version of the EDCL2T that's dual fuel.

The EDCL2-T is my EDC and has been for a couple of years IIRC.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Okay, so it's a lower output version of the EDCL2T that's dual fuel.

The EDCL2-T is my EDC and has been for a couple of years IIRC.

Yeah, I have an EDCL2T as well, and it's a great light. It just spends it's life in my drawer most of the time because of the aforementioned battery issue and I've found I like my Emisars better for edc duty most of the time.

It does have a lower lumen spec, but it has 71,000 candela so it will have WAY more intensity than the EDCL2T. I also think 550 lumens is more realistic, the EDCL2T is brighter at first but seems to step down pretty quickly so the 550 rating might be a little more honest.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don't believe the EDCL-1DFT/2DFT will use the gas pedal switch from what I have heard. I could be and hope I am wrong though.

I have heard it will either be head tighten like the Tactician, which I also love, or button clicks which I have no desire for.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I don't believe the EDCL-1DFT/2DFT will use the gas pedal switch from what I have heard. I could be and hope I am wrong though.

I have heard it will either be head tighten like the Tactician, which I also love, or button clicks which I have no desire for.

Chris

I read it both ways. I think the latest I saw was gas pedal but Surefire put it out there, hyped it up, and went radio silent. It might end up in the dustbin of Surefire history like a lot of stuff they promise, but I'm hopeful they come through.

posted Hide Post
I'll be there and per latest list of participants and floor plan it appears as Sig will not be attending.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Anybody who is going if you do think about it would you drop by Surefire if possible and ask about the EDCL-1 and 2 DFT turbo lights and see if you can find if they are DOA and if not just what kind of “high/low” switching they will actually use. I know more than one of us are interested as above.

I know, I know. Not as sexy as the bang sticks but there are very few of those that interest me these days and the ones that do require a loan officer and credit check. Smile

Please and thank you.

Chris

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Please ask Glock when they are going to be introducing the G19/26. Big Grin

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Please ask Glock when they are going to be introducing the G19/26. Big Grin

I just might, then I could stop making my own!

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Something interesting would be seeing the Glock 46 in the US Market:

https://www.all4shooters.com/e...t-state-police-test/

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Why would an organization specify a particular firearm operating system (rotary lock up in this case) especially vs. the far more common browning system??? (I haven’t had a chance to read the article above)

While rotating barrels might mitigate some recoil and shoot a “tad” flatter they shine more in heavier recoiling calibers IMO.

I just can’t wrap my head around why I might say “Ok Gaston, I really like your Glock 17 and it checks all our boxes except one. We’re gonna need it to be a rotary lockup system.” Huhwhatnow says the Glock rep. Smile

I could see wanting something “revolutionary” similar to the Alien set up for optics etc or Silencerco type integrally suppressed pistol that brings something really tangible to the table but a rotary lock up?????

I just don’t get this pistol. I mean I get it as a gun geek but from a practical or administration stand point it makes utterly no sense to me.

EDIT- ok so the department just wanted a decocker for safer take down and Glock (the company) decided what the hell let’s do rotary. That makes more sense…..kinda I guess. That said, that decocking mechanism looks like a transformer starting to change into robot mode……not the most elegant engineering at least at first blush. I mean I like Glocks. They are no nonsense, simple, reliable machines with a long positive track record. This 46 seems to just kinda seems to throw all of that out the window with a bit of “ahh what the hell let Gunter from accounting have a go at this whole pistol design thing and see what he comes up with.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Supposedly, a safety was required on the MHS contract, and this might have been what Glock used without the rotating barrel and stuff.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I would be interested in finding out if HK USA has in development anything similar in size and capacity to the P365.

I am also hoping HK will be bringing something out.

Posts: 473 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kilroy2721:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I would be interested in finding out if HK USA has in development anything similar in size and capacity to the P365.

I am also hoping HK will be bringing something out.

Word on the street…
-Micro compact
-several back straps
-button, paddle or heel mag release options
-railed or non railed versions
-optics ready
-striker fired as well as some other type of possible trigger system. (No idea what this would be. It’s not a hammer version or anything)
-no mag capacity known at this time
-possibly a completely slick sided (no slide lock levers) version.

I wouldn’t hold your breath for SHOT but those are the current rumors and pics floating around.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
HK's micro-9 is supposed to be released in 2024. It's expected to be closer in size to a Shield Plus or Walther PPS than a P365. No telling if it's a single-stack or 1.5 stack. It'll be a huge letdown if it doesn't use at a minimum 10-round mags.

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm underwhelmed

The manufacturer needs to splash "HK" all over that pistol so that buyers will be able to tell it apart from two dozen other pistols that look just like it.

And don't forget the Grip Zone.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
No worries plenty of folks will get the red and white crayons out and color their logos. It’s the TRUE adult coloring book. Smile