SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta M9A1 with a blue frame? Factory?? Bought it!!! Pic and questions on page 2.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta M9A1 with a blue frame? Factory?? Bought it!!! Pic and questions on page 2. Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Looking forward to pics. Gotta love a new Beretta.

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post

Boy, do I like how this gun looks! That contrast is just right and just subtle enough! Gun feels so good in the hand I can’t wait to shoot it. Does not feel as good as my 226 but does feel better than my 320 with WC grip module.

I was watching the Military Arms Channel review of this gun and he says that the trigger and safety lever/decocker are both plastic.
My trigger is certainly plastic but the safety lever is metal for sure. Magnet sticks right to it.
I am somewhat tempted to put the Wilson Combat Lo profile lever, steel short reach trigger, and fluted guide rod on it.
Will I really see anything out of these or is the factory stuff just fine?

Also are the Italian made ACT mags good to go for this thing like they are for the 320s?

Do I just have the factory barrel threaded by Tornado Technologies or just buy a Silencerco threaded barrel for a few bucks more?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
before trying the short reach trigger, try landgon's optimized trigger bar first.

it looks great!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It sure is a beauty. There's no better looking gun than a Beretta 92, IMO.

My 92X came with mecgars. They have been excellent, and were pretty inexpensive so far as modern handgun mags go. Not sure how you feel about manual safeties but I swapped mine out for the decocker-only "G" configuration using the kit from Beretta. The parts were metal and the action of the lever is far more positive than it was from the factory...not to mention getting rid of the unwanted safety functionality.

Both of my 92s (my old-school, straight-dustcover 92FS and my 92X Compact) came with metal triggers from the factory, so I can't speak to the quality of the aftermarket offerings. I know Langdon's "Trigger Job in a Bag" comes highly recommended. I didn't get the whole kit...just the optimized trigger bar for my 92FS, and that alone made a big difference to the reset. Swapping the mainspring out for a "D" spring if the A1 doesn't have one already will make a big difference to your pull-weight, too, without any compromise to reliability.

No suppressor here (yet), so I can't speak to threading options either.

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have medium sized hands. I thought I would love the short reach trigger. I hated it. One piece of gear I would never use again. It made the break feel way too far to the rear.

G conversion is the way to go. Use the ziplock bag method so you don’t lose that little spring. The guide rod is aesthetics only. As much as the plastic rod seems cheap and out of place the metal rod doesn’t do anything better. That being said I prefer the metal rod but I have both in different guns and you would never know by shooting.

Beretta mags are cheap and easy to find. Think of them as the Glock mags of metal mags. ACT mags will be fine probably. I bought a bunch of the dreaded Checkmate mags that everyone just knew won’t work in sand and guess what? For 5 bucks apiece they work fine in American sand and dirt. Never had a hiccup.

For 75 bucks you can get a fiber optic rod drilled through your front fixed blade. WC does it as does WAL on the other forum forum.

Of course I recommend the TJIAB from Langdon. 170 bucks and it’s a great trigger in 10 minutes.

So for me, TJIAB, G conversion, lots of mags, I like the extended mag release. 92 is the easiest metal gun to work on. Enjoy.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Still have a question on if it’s a Maryland gun or a Tennessee gun.

Aside from that, the factory stuff is just fine, and a Wilson Combat 14# Silicon Hammer Spring will get you 70% of the trigger job for $6.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/S...ductinfo/721CS%2D14/

The thin G10 grips are also very much worth it and makes the gun feel even better.

Since the barrel isn’t hand fitted to the slide, go the easy route and buy a threaded barrel. If you ever sell that for another 92, you’ll still have the original barrel.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I mentioned it was a Tennessee gun on the last page but it is kind of stuck in there and easy to miss.

————————————————

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Oops. I though the picture was your first post.

I’m gonna go with “happy accident” from the anodizing process but still really cool. I wish more companies would play with getting different colors through anodizing instead of just slapping cerakote on a gun and move on.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I like this G conversion you all speak of.
Off to YouTube to see if it is something I can do.

Is one able to use the WC Lo profile single side lever with the G conversion? Or is there something about the lever itself that makes the G conversion work?

————————————————

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! The Beretta 92 really is an amazing gun. A lot of people say it’s too big but I don’t mind the size and the MecGar mags with their 18 round capacity helps. My M9A4 came with 18 round MecGars. If I see one with a blue hue to it like yours I’m gonna jump on it.

As for the plastic/metal issue you mention, I’ve noticed a lot of guns out of Tennessee have metal parts substituted in randomly. I’m fine with it but based on my very limited research there doesn’t seem to be much consistency.

Though I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with a plastic safety. I was told my 92x compact was supposed to come with a plastic guide rod but mine has a metal one. I know other people with plastic guide rods in theirs with the model being exactly the same.

I’m completely fine with them substituting metal so I’m not complaining.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats! If you do nothing else, the Langdon trigger bar and the 13# hammer spring will completely change the trigger pull. That's what I did to my first 92 early this year, for $79 shipped, and I see no need to go further with the whole kit on this gun. It was heavy and crunchy before. Now it's light and smooth. The only other thing I did to that one is a set of Hogue checkered G10's. Need to send the slide off to WC for the fiber optic front and then I'll call it good.

The MecGar 18rd mags are excellent, and I got mine from Greg Cote.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is one able to use the WC Lo profile single side lever with the G conversion? Or is there something about the lever itself that makes the G conversion work?

My understanding is that it will not fit on a gun that was originally an "F" (safety) model...it's only user-installable on a gun that came from the factory as a "G" (deckocker only). I wanted to do exactly that to my 92X, as I'm not a huge fan of ambi controls, but the Wilson website said that if your gun was originally an "F" model, the slide would need to be sent to Wilson to be machined in order for their single-sided lever to work. I didn't want to deal with that, or the expense, so I ended up going with the Beretta kit. I've been perfectly happy with it.

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Beretta, Black!

I sent mine to Arkansas a few years ago to get the action tune and springs, guide rod, oversize mag release, and WC thin grips.

I wish I had gone ahead with the G kit and the sights while it was there, but I'm very happy with the work WC did to my 92FS.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
So the last two used gun deals I bought I ended up getting tricked out a bit and I spent well more on the changes than I did the guns before I even shot them.

Think maybe I’ll leave this one alone for a bit before I spend more money than I really need to.

————————————————

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Think maybe I’ll leave this one alone for a bit before I spend more money than I really need to.

I absolutely understand that. I had the good fortune to have some gift certificates for Wilson, or else mine would still be stock too.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post