SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 40th Anniversary
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 40th Anniversary Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neex:
Prediction: As a homage to "classic" Sigs, it will have G10 grips, forward serrations, and a Sig logo etched on top. After a while CDNN will bulk buy a batch and send us email ads every week until they are gone.

Hey, I like this idea! As long as the price drops every week, it’d be great! Who doesn’t love a cheap Sig?

Matter of fact, if Sig DOES cheap out on the commemorative model, we should all make a pact not to buy them until the price drops to clearance levels, like $350 or something. If nobody buys them and then we get the price way down, everybody’d essentially get two for one pricing lol! Smile

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: September 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neex:
Prediction: As a homage to "classic" Sigs, it will have G10 grips, forward serrations, and a Sig logo etched on top. After a while CDNN will bulk buy a batch and send us email ads every week until they are gone.
Damn, you're like that guy Notre Damus. Razz

You're prediction may very well be exactly right, and I mean that.

Posts: 109061 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No idea the prior production numbers when the P-226 was made in West Germany but countless examples must still be fully functional to this day. No interest in a 40th year anniversary model.

Posts: 189 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, could Sig make a true to the original version using the current production process\ machinery\materials ? I am kind of ignorant on the engineering and production aspects of it. Is it just a minor tweak ?

Posts: 549 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
It could be a rainbow titanium version of the grand ultra emperor hydra scorpion mastershop comp edition.

The logos and extractor will need to be bigger than normal and have FOWTAY down the entire length of the slide in chrome...

-or-

Remember back in 2001 when they released a batch of 9mm P220s with no announcement and little fanfare?

Yeah, it could be like that (with a bit more fanfare).

Posts: 9410 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
Just out of curiosity, what is the picture that many are referring to that alludes to a folded slide? Everything I can find about the 40th anniversary just shows that MK25 picture.

There is none officially from SIG NH. The pic that .38supersig posted above is just some random pic of an old W. German P226 that some obscure website put up. Fact is, no one knows what the heck SIG NH will release.

Got it. If it is a folded slide, it will most likely be from NOS slides. And then I’d also have to assume that it’s from some recently discovered batch or something. There is at least one person I know of who has gotten a replacement folded slide. So I’ve always thought that SIG NH has some number of extra folded slides on hand (earmarked as replacement parts). Maybe some newfound batch would allow them to do a limited run without dipping into the replacement supply.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 422 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't think there's any chance of this.

posted Hide Post
Looks like it has a folded slide, anchor engraving and rails.

https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/...-of-the-p226-in-2024

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS:
Looks like it has a folded slide, anchor engraving and rails.

https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/...-of-the-p226-in-2024

That's just the milled slide with the spiral roll pin.

Q

Posts: 27523 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
BTW, I wouldn't trust any pics that SIG releases on their flyer without actual specs listed, or, until the actual gun is out. Remember when they gave us a sneak peak at the much hyped M11-A1? A partial pic here, another partial there..., one of which showed a partial view of the short extractor. And we all know how that turned out. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27523 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that's just a picture of a P226 they used for the blog post. Not necessarily a representation of what the anniversary edition is going to be. I'm thinking there's going to be a couple of versions. One most people might be willing to buy that might have a "40th" engraved somewhere on it and one hideously over engraved monstrosity that "Serious Collectors" will buy and will try to sell years later at some overinflated price.

Posts: 3467 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't think there's any chance of this.
Neither do I. I think it will be very much like the 40th Anniversary P220. But who knows? Maybe it will at least get the MK25 slide (short extractor).

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 422 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm...I suppose a retro version would be nice for generating some sales. But honestly I'd rather have SIG build an "anniversary celebration" P226 that could instead withstand a regular if not steady diet of +P and +P+ ammo without any hint of concern or fuss. Progress rather than nostalgia, that's what I say. But that's me. And for SIG, likely neither since it's typically all about maximizing those all-important Benjamins. And giving their marketing department something to do to justify their overbearing existence. What can be done with lipstick is certainly cheaper (and more profitable) than surgery.

-MG

Posts: 2210 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
But honestly I'd rather have SIG build an "anniversary celebration" P226 that could instead withstand a regular if not steady diet of +P and +P+ ammo without any hint of concern or fuss.

Maybe a stainless instead of an alloy frame then.

Posts: 3467 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
MSRP $2999.95

Delivered in a commemorative cardboard box, with pistol wrapped in VCI / Cosmoline paper.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a 220 in 9mm? I totally missed that bit of info. What year was that?

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There were quite a few P220s made in 9mm up until the early '90s.

Sig made a few of them up until 2016, but those are a lot harder to come by.

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 9410 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
It's 2/26/24...P226 Day! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9437 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Can't find anything yet. Maybe they'll start marking the P226 magazines like they used to?

Maybe not...