SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another Victorian pocket pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Victorian pocket pistol Login/Join 
posted
Richard W Hollis this time. Looks about .50 caliber.

A slightly larger UK take on the Deringer style percussion pistol. Was happy to find this one at a not too crazy price. I am digging the damascus pattern on the barrel steel…

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Lovely. Fantastic photo also

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Be sure to load it with low-flash short barrel tactical black powder.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
True art, both by the maker and the photographer.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been trying to focus on US pocket pistols, but the fact is, so many of the common “Everyman” pistols of the 1830-1860s were imported.

I’m up to three that, while I can only “prove” one, are all probably imports to the US market.

The smallest one is marked with British proofs, but a Philadelphia Gun Shop name, I’m going to call that one “proved to be imported contemporary”. The others are at best “likely imported, but who knows after almost a couple hundred years!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm missing something, do you mount the tactical light to the round thing below the barrel? And the RMR to that thing that sticks up?

But those problems aside, you have a lovely collection! And honestly the bag the guns are on is very beautiful as well. Can I ask what it is?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
And honestly the bag the guns are on is very beautiful as well. Can I ask what it is?

The leather briefcase is a Marley Hodgkin No.95 Ghurka, the canvas is a Littleton GP No 1.

Both of which I’ve had forever, cause I sure couldn’t afford them now! Just looked them up and had no idea…. But they are both really, really great bags!

Plus, they make for classy backdrops!

Bill R

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Holy Bat Guano BagMan! You are right about that price and damn you to hell for politely giving me the information I stupidly asked for because now I'm lusting after them and OMG are they pricey!

Let's hope the guns didn't damage those bags with the whole "being used as a backdrop" for the photograph.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post